Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England vs Australia Third Ashes Test - Leeds 22nd-26th August 2019

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Take it you didn't watch much of it this morning then ? :D

I was keeping track of it on BBC online. I tell you, the fightback is ON!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You're wasting your time BG. The well is dry. There was an argument for bringing in Morgan before, but given the shining lights of the World Cup side like Roy and Buttler are floundering why taint Morgan as well? We need him well away from the car crash.

You're better off picking younger players with a decent technique not yet butchered by the one-day game. Even knocks of 20 and 25 may give us a foothold.

I thought I read somewhere that Morgan was quitting as he has a long standing back problem ?

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I thought I read somewhere that Morgan was quitting as he has a long standing back problem ?

No England cricketers play or practice red ball in the English summer.
No county players play or practice red ball in the English summer

Its really simple. We are not producing red ball cricketers because no one plays red ball in an English summer.
And it will only get worse.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What target will we be set IMHO 380+

So much time left in the game and no more rain forecast the Aussies can basically do what they want. Assuming we can't get them out (if we do, just means an earlier finish), would expect a declaration between lunch and teatime tomorrow, then get us out before close on Sunday and have a day off. All fairly predictable now sadly.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So much time left in the game and no more rain forecast the Aussies can basically do what they want. Assuming we can't get them out (if we do, just means an earlier finish), would expect a declaration between lunch and teatime tomorrow, then get us out before close on Sunday and have a day off. All fairly predictable now sadly.

That seems very likely. Even if we went mad and bowled them out tomorrow before we head off to watch us v Southampton and will still mean too big a total for us to chase.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
180 chase you mean with this batting line up.

I think 200 is already beyond us, it would be nice of the convicts to set us 250 just to make a game of it rather than bat on to a 370 lead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here