Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Ryan Air.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
To add to my earlier post, I’m out of hospital, the medics are ‘very confident ‘ they have cut away all the cancer in my throat, mainly my left tonsil

They can’t find any cancer anywhere else, but, have removed my lymph nodes in my neck, a very impressive 8 inch scar, just in case. I’m a bit sore, learning how to swallow again, a bowl of cornflakes took 45 minutes to eat this morning , and very appreciative of the NHS.

Well done! Great attitude. Keep strong and live long. Best wishes.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I was diagnosed with throat cancer on the 5th July, I had a flight on Ryan Air booked for the 29th August. Obviously I won’t be able to fly now, so I phoned Ryan, and their representative said if I filled in the form on the website, provide evidence, I could apply.
This I’ve done after leaving hospital yesterday, and just got the email back refusing the refund as it’s in the terms and conditions that they don’t do refunds. I know Ryan Air is one of the most penny pinching companies out there and I understand that this is how they keep their prices low, but, why even have a refund process if you don’t do refunds. If you need the process for exceptional circumstances is cancer not exceptional enough.

I know if I was that bothered about the money, I should have insured, but, I wouldn’t have expected a refund for nearly anything else, but I would have thought that life threatening illnesses are a special case.

Anyway, just venting my spleen really at Ryan Air, thanks for reading.

Yesterday’s win made me feel a bit better though.

Best wishes in your fight against this obscene disease.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Good luck with the recovery, doesn't surprise me a wealthy company wont give you any help!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Can I ask why you did not take Insurance?

Yeah, a short flight, less than £250 total, and I have a pre-existing heart problem that pumps up the cost of travel insurance. Had my ticker
been the reason of cancellation, I would have been honour bound not to claim

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Great News on all counts.

I would like to take this opportunity of praising Premier Inn though. I booked 5 days away costing £300 odd and due to a heart condition thought it best not to travel. I sent them a cardiologist's letter and they immediately refunded my money notwithstanding the fact I had chosen their non flexible option. First class really.

Seat Stealer

Jun 23, 2012
Yeah, a short flight, less than £250 total, and I have a pre-existing heart problem that pumps up the cost of travel insurance. Had my ticker
been the reason of cancellation, I would have been honour bound not to claim

So, you took risk and you lost and then you complained? Am I right?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
So, you took risk and you lost and then you complained? Am I right?

Look ,I'm not having row with you.

I'm feeling a very lucky man at the moment, without going over the top , I appear to have beaten a killer disease. Your opinion means little to me, and if you want your Sunday early evening to consist of a keyboard row with another poster, crackon, old son, but, it won't be with me.
Have a good evening.

Seat Stealer

Jun 23, 2012

I'm feeling a very lucky man at the moment, without going over the top , I appear to have beaten a killer disease. Your opinion means little to me, and if you want your Sunday early evening to consist of a keyboard row with another poster, crackon, old son, but, it won't be with me.
Have a good evening.[

No problem. Just asking why you did not take insurance. Hope your Ok.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Have a good evening.[

No problem. Just asking why you did not take insurance. Hope your Ok.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
I was diagnosed with throat cancer on the 5th July, I had a flight on Ryan Air booked for the 29th August. Obviously I won’t be able to fly now, so I phoned Ryan, and their representative said if I filled in the form on the website, provide evidence, I could apply.
This I’ve done after leaving hospital yesterday, and just got the email back refusing the refund as it’s in the terms and conditions that they don’t do refunds. I know Ryan Air is one of the most penny pinching companies out there and I understand that this is how they keep their prices low, but, why even have a refund process if you don’t do refunds. If you need the process for exceptional circumstances is cancer not exceptional enough.

I know if I was that bothered about the money, I should have insured, but, I wouldn’t have expected a refund for nearly anything else, but I would have thought that life threatening illnesses are a special case.

Anyway, just venting my spleen really at Ryan Air, thanks for reading.

Yesterday’s win made me feel a bit better though.

All the best mate. Don’t let it bother you it will only play on the mind.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Take care and glad things seem better now. A tough time you’ve been through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here