Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] The best games Console of its time

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Either you're getting your dates mixed up or it wasn't a Neo Geo, as those didn't come out til 1990. Rather than SNK's Neo Geo, might it have been NEC's PC Engine?

Geekiest post on NSC of all time ?

Gotta be up there.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
N64 and Golden eye.

Mates and I spent whole summers playing Goldeneye multiplayer. In terms of a multiplayer experience its still hard to beat. Graphically, it's obviously appalling but first to 10, licence to kill with pistols and no map is still an incredibly exciting prospect.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
N64 was when I really peaked with games, sadly they don’t seem to hold up anywhere near as well as a lot of the older SNES games these days. If you haven’t played Goldeneye in a while, you’ll probably be disappointed. Very ‘of its time’, but unbeatable in its day.

Special mention to the GameCube as well, which I always preferred over my PS2, perhaps controversially.

Last edited:

Urb

Jul 9, 2019
Horsham
In addition to CBS Colleco Vision I would also add N64 , this for me brought multi player as a real subgenre. As has been mentioned by other , Goldeneye was awesome. U also had turrok and perfect dark. These spawned a multitude of multiplayer shooters!

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Mates and I spent whole summers playing Goldeneye multiplayer. In terms of a multiplayer experience its still hard to beat. Graphically, it's obviously appalling but first to 10, licence to kill with pistols and no map is still an incredibly exciting prospect.

Same. Odd job was banned in my house. You could also learn the spawn points.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
For me, the most underrated/hard-done-by console of all time is Sega's Dreamcast. Loads of amazing games, great graphics for the time, and way ahead of its time with stuff like online play. Deserved to be a much bigger success than it was.

Came here to post the same thing. Console developments are pretty incremental these days, but, despite being pretty limited in it's popularity, Dreamcast was probably the single biggest revolution in console gaming we ever saw. I can remember my mind being completely blown by Shenmue when it came out, there was nothing else which even came close to it at that time.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I remember seeing the 'intellivision' on Tomorrow's World and being blown away. It was the first console as far as I remember to have 'humans' playing football and basketball. Human shapes that is that were all one colour. Happy memories of Colecovision too, but I'd have to vote for the PS1. I bought a second hand one, put Resident Evil on first and was waiting for the actual game to begin before realising that it already had. I thought I was looking at a cutscene.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here