Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] The Bromley Boys - Sky Premiere

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Watched it last night, Perfect Movie for a Sunday evening.

The rant about being stuck supporting Bromley whilst other kids at school got to support Leeds and West Ham was brilliant.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Watched it last night, Perfect Movie for a Sunday evening.

The rant about being stuck supporting Bromley whilst other kids at school got to support Leeds and West Ham was brilliant.

Cheers mate. Yep, from the heart from the 14 year old me. Just replace Bromley with Brighton and West Ham and Leeds with Liverpool and Spurs.

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
The Bromley Boys book is brilliant and I really recommend it

The film is very different from the book. On its own terms it's fine but I must confess that, given it takes so many liberties with the source material, I was very disappointed.

The Fever Pitch film managed to stay quite true to the book, so not sure why the need to add iso much made up stuff for this adaptation.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
The Bromley Boys book is brilliant and I really recommend it

The film is very different from the book. On its own terms it's fine but I must confess that, given it takes so many liberties with the source material, I was very disappointed.

The Fever Pitch film managed to stay quite true to the book, so not sure why the need to add iso much made up stuff for this adaptation.

The book is, as you know, a list of fixtures - brilliantly described by Dave.

With a family movie you are always gonna need a strong love interest, a big story arc, twists and a big happy ending - that's where I came in. The good news is that Dave really loved the script.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Really liked it and loved seeing the Albion at the top of the league. Reminds me of other films we are in like Mean Machine and Up And Under.

Makes me wonder how no one’s ever done this kind of thing depicting the last season at The Goldstone. Although, if people watched it, they probably wouldn’t believe it!

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Really liked it and loved seeing the Albion at the top of the league. Reminds me of other films we are in like Mean Machine and Up And Under.

Makes me wonder how no one’s ever done this kind of thing depicting the last season at The Goldstone. Although, if people watched it, they probably wouldn’t believe it!

Thanks mate - agreed, always thought there was a movie in our story. Who would play the main characters though? Warwick Davies as Nige Erskine obvs.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Really enjoyed it and loved the marvellous scenes reference.

Surprised to see an old friends husband credited as a producer too.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Will make sure to catch this when it's on next.
[MENTION=2647]gripper stebson[/MENTION] - forgive me if this is a cheeky ask but is there a copy of the script available to read (or purchase to read) ? Have gotten into reading scripts recently and have yet to read a family film / comedy / footy one.
If you DM me your email address I'll see if I can dig it out.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Lovely film.

Really enjoyed it. Gave me a 'Son Of Rambow' warm feeling.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Just watched it and found it an enjoyable, fun watch. Loved the end credits introducing the real faces behind the story. Even managed to get the wife to watch it and she liked it too.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Watched it this afternoon as I was off poorly from work, great film really enjoyed it!!! Well done, and with a great cast.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Enjoyed it on Now TV.
One thing though, why does Alan Davies narrate?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here