Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Seagulls Travel

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Got the train, absolutely seem less from leaving the stadium, straight to Wembley Park, waited 1 minute for underground train, on the 2025 from Victoria, plenty of seats, back in Brighton at 2130. Effortless.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Couldn't have been any coaches left in Sussex yesterday! Was great on the motorway waving at the other coaches we passed (our driver seemed to be a reformed getaway driver and didn't like the outside lane).

Coaches cannot legally use the outside lane of a motorway.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Parked on a driveway less than 10 mins walk from the stadium, stayed around for a bit after. Bit of traffic escaping the immediate area but was back in Burgess Hill before 10 including a stop at Cobham. Went past what seemed like a BHA bus on the road about every 2 minutes.

Apparently there were some issues on the M25 a bit later ?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
We were on a ST coach parked near Wembley and although we were on the road just after 8, took about an hour and a half to go about 500 yards. Not the drivers fault of course. Then the coach developed a water fault around Brighton, the driver stopped several times to try to sort it and we only got back to our stop in Eastbourne at about half eleven. I'll get the train next time.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
ST24

What a brilliant driver, superb steward on the coach and all round excellent day!

Last time I went away by coach was the trips to gillingham on the junior seagull coaches but I will definitely book ST again.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
They do a good job but can be let down by incompetent drivers who are outside their control. For example coming back from Fulham a few weeks ago it took us well over an hour to cross the Thames after a mystery tour of London and ended up going across the Vauxhall Bridge and getting to the M25 almost at Dartford.

Probably drives a Prius part time with that route

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Got the train, absolutely seem less from leaving the stadium, straight to Wembley Park, waited 1 minute for underground train, on the 2025 from Victoria, plenty of seats, back in Brighton at 2130. Effortless.

Blimey that was quick we got back 22:40 on a coach

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Couldn't have been any coaches left in Sussex yesterday! Was great on the motorway waving at the other coaches we passed (our driver seemed to be a reformed getaway driver and didn't like the outside lane).

I saw several City of Portsmouth coaches pulling into the Orange car park before the match, so they must have had to go out of the county to hire them.

Yes doubtless they do do a good job, but ultimately it's a business, and one that we pay for.

I would also like to point out that to travel on a NWSS coach from the Horsham and adjacent areas yesterday, it would have cost you £15, much less than a Seagulls Travel equivalent service..

That's not knocking the service they offer at all, but merely pointing out that there are cheaper alternatives out there.

The Supporters' club coaches were £20.

Blimey that was quick we got back 22:40 on a coach

We got off at Withdean at 22.02 exactly.

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
Yes. I use them all the time, home & away, and they get the job done....
BUT
ST75 Uckfield. Why on earth did the driver take a 59 seater coach via country lanes. It's simple, A22 East Grinstead, A264, M23, M25 etc.
We went B2064, B2188 Friars Gate, Groombridge, B2176 Bidborough (at this point we were further from Wembley than when we started), before joining the A26 North of Tunbridge Wells. Most of this journey was spent getting a very wide coach through very narrow country lanes. But it was fun!

i drove up , left Uckfield area at 12.15, there was a massive hold up on the A22 in East Grinstead the Sat Nav suggested speed was 0.5mph and over 35 minutes delay on that route, so i diverted along the A272 to Bolney then joined the A23 .

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I saw several City of Portsmouth coaches pulling into the Orange car park before the match, so they must have had to go out of the county to hire them.

The Supporters' club coaches were £20.

We got off at Withdean at 22.02 exactly.

If you didn't want a toilet, otherwise it was £27 an adult and £22 a child (which I pad for). Guess what, the coach we were on (ST3) didn't have a toilet! Not Seagulls Travel fault as they are pissed off about a few things which went wrong yesterday (like we were meant to be going into the Orange car park but got directed to the overflow which was another 20 min walk away on some side road.)
I did think about asking for a refund (as didn't get a toilet) but it wasn't they're fault.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If you didn't want a toilet, otherwise it was £27 an adult and £22 a child (which I pad for). Guess what, the coach we were on (ST3) didn't have a toilet! Not Seagulls Travel fault as they are pissed off about a few things which went wrong yesterday (like we were meant to be going into the Orange car park but got directed to the overflow which was another 20 min walk away on some side road.)
I did think about asking for a refund (as didn't get a toilet) but it wasn't they're fault.

No, it was £20 on our coaches. I am not talking about Seagulls Travel coaches. Cowfold Seagull was talking about NWSS coach, and I was talking about the Supporters' Club coaches.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
No, it was £20 on our coaches. I am not talking about Seagulls Travel coaches. Cowfold Seagull was talking about NWSS coach, and I was talking about the Supporters' Club coaches.

Ah didn't realise there were other options, if we travel by coach again I'll check out NWSS first as sounds like they do our area.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ah didn't realise there were other options, if we travel by coach again I'll check out NWSS first as sounds like they do our area.

The Supporters' Club coaches have been running since 1992. Seagulls Travel started in 2011 when we moved to the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here