Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea 1.30pm Sunday kick off in December

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
To be fair, when the fixtures were released we knew Chelsea would be in the Europa league, and we knew what weeks the Europa League matches would be. I'm not saying I'd have been organised enough to work this out, but then it sounds like you did quite a bit of thinking/planning around this.

I do concede it's partly my own fault but January is my busiest time for work and I just wanted to get as much time abroad as possible before starting my busy period at work. Doesn't stop me being a wee bit miffed about it. I am more pissed off at missing the game actually, that being stuck with the Gatwick flight and hotel as I will now be flying when the flight takes place.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
I do concede it's partly my own fault but January is my busiest time for work and I just wanted to get as much time abroad as possible before starting my busy period at work. Doesn't stop me being a wee bit miffed about it. I am more pissed off at missing the game actually, that being stuck with the Gatwick flight and hotel as I will now be flying when the flight takes place.

Well you have my sympathies. Football should only be at 3pm on Saturdays or 7:45 on a Tuesday and then we all know where we stand and can plan our lives accordingly.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I think it's time for some fans to join the real world. When we find ourselves back in League 1, we'll have plenty of 3pm and 7:45s to look forward to. For now, you need to be aware of European football when making plans. If we're playing a club we know to be competing in Europe, you have to expect a move if the game is scheduled on a saturday. I appreciate it's frustrating for [MENTION=30752]NooBHA[/MENTION] and you have my sympathies for having to miss the game (we've had a game a month at home for the last two months, we're getting radically short changed) but your organising was incomplete in this instance.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Because there are times when you just can’t do that.

I have the fixture list on my wall but there are times when you have to commit before you know.

I speak from a lot of experience

We've known since last May that Chelsea were in the Europa League...

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
So why don't they announce the fixture as being 1.30pm kick-off when they first announce the fixtures?

The time is variable, the date is the important one. I agree with you, the fixture computer should have spat it out as being played on the sunday with kick off to be decided.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
:shrug:

Doesn't make much odds on a Sunday does it.

Well it does, this started with someone saying their plans had been fecked because of the kick-off switch, and you're telling them it was their own fault because we've known this wold be the case since May. So, if it's so widely known so long ago, why don't the fixtures come out with these dates and times already allowed for?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The time is variable, the date is the important one. I agree with you, the fixture computer should have spat it out as being played on the sunday with kick off to be decided.

Exactly. There are so many fixture changes that seem to come out automatically in the 2 weeks after they get announced, which have been moved for Europa League / Champions League reasons etc, that I never quite understand why that couldn't have been built into the programme that created the fixture list in the first place.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well it does, this started with someone saying their plans had been fecked because of the kick-off switch, and you're telling them it was their own fault because we've known this wold be the case since May. So, if it's so widely known so long ago, why don't the fixtures come out with these dates and times already allowed for?

If Chelsea are playing on a Thursday night (which is when the Europa has been played for a few years now), then I'll already know that we won't be playing them on a Saturday - don't need to see a fixture list to realise that. And surely we're long enough in the tooth by now to know that any game against one of the big boys, especially one playing in the Europa, is highly likely to be subject to change and getting bumped. Its not that difficult to find out. When making plans, check the dates !

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have no problem with a Sunday match but due to my Sunday Roast, a must have, 1..30 is better for me than a 4,.00pm to get to a pub and buy it rather than Mrs BG cook it at home.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
If Chelsea are playing on a Thursday night (which is when the Europa has been played for a few years now), then I'll already know that we won't be playing them on a Saturday - don't need to see a fixture list to realise that. And surely we're long enough in the tooth by now to know that any game against one of the big boys, especially one playing in the Europa, is highly likely to be subject to change and getting bumped. Its not that difficult to find out. When making plans, check the dates !

But if YOU know this, then surely the Premier League know this, and can put that information into the computer so that the fixtures come out with this already allowed for. Why do you need to "find out" when they have all the information, and complex computer programme and announce the fixtures with a great big fanfare. "Check the dates" but why not just check the dates on the fixtures list, when there are changing that, as you said yourself, we'd have known about last May.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But if YOU know this, then surely the Premier League know this, and can put that information into the computer so that the fixtures come out with this already allowed for. Why do you need to "find out" when they have all the information, and complex computer programme and announce the fixtures with a great big fanfare. "Check the dates" but why not just check the dates on the fixtures list, when there are changing that, as you said yourself, we'd have known about last May.

They could do I suppose. But whenever the fixtures are published its always stated that they are "subject to change" - I'm just so used to checking now that its become second nature. Sky have had a hard-on for us for 3-4 years now, so we're always having our games mucked about. I've never yet fouled up my arrangements due to not knowing the date or time that we're playing though *

* you'll probably remind me here that I've bought tickets to the wrong game once before though :lolol:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
* you'll probably remind me here that I've bought tickets to the wrong game once before though :lolol:

Not quite, but announcements can be missed. It was you and I sat there in the surprisingly quiet pub on a Friday night having not realised the game had been called-off. :D

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

I'm in agreement with you.
From reading just a few replies on this thread I can see not everyone is on the ball like [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION]
And there are probably thousands of Albion fans that attend home games that pay little or no attention to Chelsea FC fixtures in the Europa League.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'd heard it's because we don't have enough points and our manager's rubbish, apparently Sky would come down but only when we win every game and are 20 points clear at the top, which is a realistic position for a club in only it's second season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here