Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Boozers for Newcastle - again

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Any recommendations for a child friendly pub for before the game, we have a 10 year old with us. Last couple of years only managed to find overcrowded, loud, standing room only places.

We are arriving approx 2:30 by train, so anywhere reasonable distance would be appreciated.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Most friendly pubs at any away game I've ever been to, so just take your pick even try the nine bar at the ground itself as loads of kids in there for the last two visits

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Think you'll struggle to find a pub that isn't standing room only in Newcastle at 2:30 on a Saturday afternoon even if Newcastle weren't playing.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Think you'll struggle to find a pub that isn't standing room only in Newcastle at 2:30 on a Saturday afternoon even if Newcastle weren't playing.

I thank you for your intimate knowledge of the area.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Most friendly pubs at any away game I've ever been to, so just take your pick even try the nine bar at the ground itself as loads of kids in there for the last two visits

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Everyone says this, and yes the pubs let kids in but we have failed in the past to find anywhere we would want to stay for more than 20 minutes.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
yeh the centre of newcastle will be rammed and it's not a great place for pubs outside of the centre really

but here are a few larger pubs that are alright and may be able to accommodate you

-the bridge
-bodega
-bacchus
-the bar area at 'the stack' (similar to a box park kinda thing)

all relatively central as, of course, is st james'

North East Seagull

Jul 6, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
You could try the Quayside bar down by the Tyne Bridge. Positives: Great views of the river/bridges, outdoor areas if the weather is nice, reasonable (as in cheap) food, it's an easy downhill walk from the station. Negatives, the walk back up the hill is a tw@t, it is likely be getting busy with Stag/Hen dos on a Saturday afternoon (as most city centre bars will be) and its a Spoons.

Nine bar at the stadium is a good shout, if you like that sort of thing. If you are wanting to eat there is a whole raft of chain restaurants just down from the ground in Eldon Square. The Gate complex on Newgate Street (on walk up from station) also has choice of bars and restaurants. But if you want a pub with Sky Sports etc. on I would probably recommend The Goose on Percy Street. Huge pub so a chance of getting a seat, Sky Sports on, close to ground and (last time I was in) reasonably priced. I'm not saying it's any good, I am suggesting it for convenience. If it is of any interest, I will probably be in the Three Bulls Heads a couple of doors along, which I really likely to be pretty rammed.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Any recommendations for a child friendly pub for before the game, we have a 10 year old with us. Last couple of years only managed to find overcrowded, loud, standing room only places.

We are arriving approx 2:30 by train, so anywhere reasonable distance would be appreciated.

Go to the Forth - It's in a little Alley Way close to the station

https://www.theforthnewcastle.co.uk/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here