Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
CMS :lol: bloke had toblerone shaped boots.

It's funny how often he pops up on the clubs 'on this day' twitter feed.

It says much about Big Jurg and Ali that CMS will still be more prevalent in years to come.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Pretty sure that Potter and his backroom staff, with or without input from Ashworth, will have reached a verdict on AJ by now. Certainly seems to have been sidelined for the time being.

Yep. I desperately want every Albion player to succeed, but not everyone for lots of different reasons. Let’s see where the Potter takes it!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Still deemed plenty good enough for international W/C qualifying football.

Ali start for Iran in about an hour away at Hong Kong.

As yet I can't find a stream.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Still deemed plenty good enough for international W/C qualifying football.

Ali start for Iran in about an hour away at Hong Kong.

As yet I can't find a stream.

I was all set to catch up on Dragons' Den today - I didn't know it had started again.

I'll put that binge on hold though, to watch my favourite player.

International fixtures don't come much tougher than Hong Kong. He's going to be up against it a bit, but I reckon he'll put on one helluva show.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You really do love stirring up trouble. :lolol:

It was fun while it lasted.
Sadly though my attentions have been drawn elsewhere as apparently there's 'an argument to be had' for dropping Propper for Mooy. :shootself:

And you think I talk bollox. :rolleyes:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its absolutely incredible that women are still banned from football stadiums in Iran.

As usual, FIFA are about as much use as a Jahanbakhsh in dealing with this. Their own statute policy states that "discrimination of any kind is strictly prohibited and punishable by suspension or expulsion.” So why are Iran even allowed to compete in FIFA competitions ? They should be thrown out.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Its absolutely incredible that women are still banned from football stadiums in Iran.

As usual, FIFA are about as much use as a Jahanbakhsh in dealing with this. Their own statute policy states that "discrimination of any kind is strictly prohibited and punishable by suspension or expulsion.” So why are Iran even allowed to compete in FIFA competitions ? They should be thrown out.
Which is worse:
FIFA
Iran
Qatar
Saudi Arabia

Tough to choose.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Good one, although the best description, for me, remains “it’s like watching your favourite golden retriever chasing a balloon on the beach” :smile:

Brilliant. Just sums him up.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
I'm in HK this week and was planning to go with a couple of locals from work. Then today's company advisory stated "Social Movements during World Cup qualifying match, Hong Kong vs Iraq, 8pm in the Hong Kong Stadium, Causeway Bay" so I decided to give it a miss. As it happens, "Social Movements" means there will be a gathering of people to watch a football match
:facepalm:

Still, it turns out it was probably the sensible thing to do https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/politics/article/3026583/chinese-national-anthem-booed-hong-kong-v-iran-world-cup Probably a lot less aggro than back home in the 70s/80s though. Bloody hot out there 'n all. ... bad fan.

Latest score 2-0 to a dominant Iran. Our friend playing well but it's only Hong Kong. And of course he hasn't scored.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here