Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] ***Sussex Sharks v Worcestershire Floods, 1/4 Final 20 20 Bish Bosh, 19.00KO, Hove***

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Thought our fielding was absolutely dire, but the Carey drop was pivotal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s often the fielding that tells you about the spirit within the camp, how motivated the individuals are and how well the team is being lead and Last night’s fielding made me wonder how much some of them care about Sussex.

T20 cricket is like a travelling circus, Harlem globetrotters and David Beckham rolled into one

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It’s often the fielding that tells you about the spirit within the camp, how motivated the individuals are and how well the team is being lead and Last night’s fielding made me wonder how much some of them care about Sussex.

T20 cricket is like a travelling circus, Harlem globetrotters and David Beckham rolled into one

So true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Surrey group game - Bowling attack
- Rashid Khan
- Joffra Archer
- Tymal Mills
- Chris Jordan
- Reece Topley

QF vs Worcestershire
- Chris Jordan
- Reece Topley
- Ollie Robinson
- David Wiese
- Will Beer

Our bowling attack lost us the game tonight.

It is a flawed cup, you should have teams so dramatically different.

Injuries happen, but only have players able to play for part of it devalues it massively.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It is a flawed cup, you should have teams so dramatically different.

Injuries happen, but only have players able to play for part of it devalues it massively.

Behrendorf being a prime example of money grabbing Aussie

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
As we did before him and actually won it.

Tough crowd. Sussex should be making and winning finals every year by that logic.

For context, that was the first time a score of 184+ has been chased at Hove since 2010. It was a master class by Ali helped by a dropped catch. That’s what the whole years Blast tournament for Sussex came down to. Carey dropping Ali on not very many.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Friday night drinking with some blokes hitting a ball in the background

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Tough crowd. Sussex should be making and winning finals every year by that logic.

For context, that was the first time a score of 184+ has been chased at Hove since 2010. It was a master class by Ali helped by a dropped catch. That’s what the whole years Blast tournament for Sussex came down to. Carey dropping Ali on not very many.

A master class is easy when you bowl like we did yesterday. Yes Moen batted like a world beater, but the bowlers bowled like idiots.
Ok Moen has struggled for England, but you are talking about 88 mph deliveries with 88 metre boundaries, we had 78mph bowlers with 52 metre boundaries.
Poor fielding and piss poor bowling let the team down

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Last night’s bowling was not even schoolboy level. Summed up for me when Robinson was bowling a free hit to Ali and banged it in short down the leg side, may as well have just thrown it over the boundary himself. Left me speechless, was he bowling with his eyes shut?

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter

No, my logic there was to the post stating we reached a T20 final under Gillespie, to which my reply was that we’d reached a T20 final and won one before Gillespie arrived as coach.

In my mind we don’t seem to have progressed in FC or one day cricket during Gillespie’s spell as coach.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
oh, when you put 2020 I read that as T20 and thought "bit late now". He'll be nearer 40 than 35 when he debuts for us. Another Gillespie chrony.

What is the strategy?

We won’t be seeing much of Archer. So he replaces Hamza.

But I would rather the youngsters get a game

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Mitch f**king Claydon!!! He'll be bloody 37 before he puts on a Sussex shirt....and why an aging bowler when its our batting that's so piss poor??? I just about give up...no membership renewal from me next year.

Who will he keep out of the team, Garton, Sakande, Sheffield ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here