Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time to cash in on Andone and promote Connelly

borat

Jul 16, 2003
Was not a malicious tackle. If youve played football you will know that you plant your foot when putting your body against the defender on the turn.

Badly executed, silly and rash?...Yes. But not malicious.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Connolly now has a massive chance against Bristol Rovers.

Bag a couple there and be on the bench against the Champions. This really could be his big break.
Absolutely, let's try and take positive from the shit show today

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
//Deleted
*Posted in error*

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Always one tackle away from a red card !

Connelly, it’s his time !!

Things happen for a reason !

Well I’m with you. Andone’s tackle was ridiculous, unprovoked and entirely pointless. Cost us the game. It’s not the first time either - he should have been sent off against West Brom and that would have cost us the cup run. Connolly will get his chance against Rovers. If he takes it he deserves a go more than Andone

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Nearly as worrying are the fans berating the ref, Southampton player and applauding Andone off.

These are people in the East Lower with the best view available.

Totally agree. Fans standing up applauding him off in the WSU. Why? It’s been reviewed by VAR and it’s a straight red

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
What I find embarassing are those getting embarassed at other fans sticking up for our player and trying to influence a referee despite knowing the correct decision was made.

What do you expect our fans to do, jump out of their seats and start giving the thumbs up and applauding the referee for a call well made?

Beggars ****ing belief some of the cack on here, like a bunch of people who have never been to a football match in their lives.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What I find embarassing are those getting embarassed at other fans sticking up for our player and trying to influence a referee despite knowing the correct decision was made.

What do you expect our fans to do, jump out of their seats and start giving the thumbs up and applauding the referee for a call well made?

Beggars ****ing belief some of the cack on here, like a bunch of people who have never been to a football match in their lives.

I even shouted at their 2 medical people as they walked back round in front of the East. God knows what they did wrong. :lolol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hands up if any of the ****whits who clapped Andone off the field post on here.

If so you need to take a long look at yourself as he cost us the game today.

Terrible challenge...and for the fans to boo the assaulted player for getting up, you have no fecking idea.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Complete bullshit! And I have been watching Brighton for 47 years

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Was not a malicious tackle. If youve played football you will know that you plant your foot when putting your body against the defender on the turn.

Glad to hear he wasn't trying to break his leg on purpose :thumbsup:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Another one. Complete bullshit!

His challenge was malicious and meant!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He did nothing and was awful but at least without the red card we could have substituted him at half time.

Were you watching he same game? He made some great runs with the ball. Just cos he messed up, doesn’t mean we rewrote history!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Were you watching he same game? He made some great runs with the ball. Just cos he messed up, doesn’t mean we rewrote history!

Potter said his team selection was due to Southampton playing a high line and their defenders were slow to turn, creating space and time in behind them.

I felt the front 3, and March, were doing that for fun, before the sending off, and still managed some success afterwards.

BG said awful and did nothing.

It's tough to decide who I believe:-

Potter + my own eyes.
Or
Footballing know all who's never wrong but does have a pathological hatred of all Albion players.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Hands up if any of the ****whits who clapped Andone off the field post on here.

If so you need to take a long look at yourself as he cost us the game today.

Terrible challenge...and for the fans to boo the assaulted player for getting up, you have no fecking idea.

Agreed - their player didn’t get Andone sent off, Andone got himself sent off. He was rightfully sent off for a dreadful challenge. He’s a liability - get rid. He let his team down and us down.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Ship out Andone (a liability) and Locadia (should never wear the stripes again, imho) , before the European window closes. Promote Connelly and Gyorkes from the U23s to the matchday squad...............

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Definitely not an accident, he was miles late. Had a practice run on the goalie earlier as well.

He just instinctively wants to leave crap on opposition players, really going to be tough one for Potter to solve

Agree with this, it was absolutely deliberate!

It looked bad in the ground and it's much worse on TV!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Ship out Andone (a liability) and Locadia (should never wear the stripes again, imho) , before the European window closes. Promote Connelly and Gyorkes from the U23s to the matchday squad...............

Think Gyorkes is out on loan. Could be wrong though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here