Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
You are completely right, I don't know how there are so many people on here who completely dismiss genuine concern about our transfer window... in a thread about the transfer window. If our squad stays how it currently is I would be astonished if we didn't go down, yet it doesn't seem like we're doing anything to improve the gaping gaps with time quickly running out.

i am starting to think that you haven't attended any of the recruitment team meetings at all.......

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
What is rather more depressing than the perceived lack of transfer window activity is the return to these boards of the use of an unpleasant and derogatory word for unfortunate people with very real and serious problems as an insult to anyone with the temerity not to agree whole-heartedly with the poster's particular opinion. Very poor. Not impressed.

Couldn’t agree more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I believe we will shortly be announcing a signing, but it will be a former player returning to work with the PL2 squad as player-coach under Simon Rusk. Not a bad idea as the exodus of players on loan will make for a very young squad.

You got that spot on. :bowdown:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Zamora wasn’t bad either - either spell

The one we signed who has scored 48 goals getting us promoted and keeping us in the premier league in the last three seasons doesn’t count because er ?

Or Ulloa who scored a lot of goals , made us a lot of money and is a premier league title winner doesn’t count because ?

Come on, don't let facts get in the way of someone's blinkered views on how crap BHA is being run.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
There is a bit of me hoping we don’t sign anyone else just to witness the reaction of several posters on here!

I’m totally relaxed about the situation as I have faith that the players we have are good enough. I do think it’s inportant to sign a right back as cover for Montoya as Sanders would be risky as the only alternative and ideally we need a Stephens replacement but hopefully that is Baluta. Apart from that, I think we’re set up well.

The manager and coaches were the problem, IMO, last season, not the players.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
There is a bit of me hoping we don’t sign anyone else just to witness the reaction of several posters on here!

I’m totally relaxed about the situation as I have faith that the players we have are good enough. I do think it’s inportant to sign a right back as cover for Montoya as Sanders would be risky as the only alternative and ideally we need a Stephens replacement but hopefully that is Baluta. Apart from that, I think we’re set up well.

The manager and coaches were the problem, IMO, last season, not the players.

This

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
It’s a shame that posters can hijack a popular thread and basically spend the whole time just shouting the same tedious message and the fact that they think it’s OK to use such an offensive term as ‘licker’ is unacceptable in the same way that racist and homophobic comments are.

Getting back to football, I am slightly nervous, we want to give Potter the best possible platform for success and there are obvious gaps that need filling. One serious injury early on and we could find ourselves disadvantaged. Our defense is strong but a right back is a necessity, we lack a real box to box midfielder and our attack is overly reliant on GM. Hopefully, last season’s recruits will come good but that still needs to be seen and if they don’t step up we will be vulnerable.

The only name repeated by Brian Owen is Neal Maupay so that maybe the signing we are prepared to over pay for in today’s inflated market, we could also look at loaning a couple of players from top clubs that probably wouldn’t happen until the last week of the window.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I think I'm one of those people you don't understand. For me it is due to the change in our playing style. I don't think Chris got the best out of our attacking players and over the course of the season I hope Potter will. Saying that I expect us to sign a striker and a RB so I do expect two more signings but we have a week and a half to sign them so I ain't worried yet.

I think we are in agreement re what is needed and by when. I just am losing faith in our recruitment team to deliver.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Bloom probably has total faith in our recruitment so believes we don’t need further signings to stay up . What he has invested will come good . ( makes the knocky thing even more curious )

Maybe he’s right but we all saw what we were last season and the league looks stronger .

I reckon 1 possibly 2 in at a push ( risks ) but expect Murray or Andone to be starting Watford .

As it stands I’m pretty sure we are going down and I’m ok with that as long as we have a bit more fun on the way . We should be competitive in championship but could be a while before we get here again .

It’s a mistake to not chuck money at it a bit more but then it’s not my money . The prem is all about money now so you either play by the lie rules or you ultimately don’t participate for long .

Had hoped potter would have a war chest but it is what it is .

Potter needs to be a genius , that much is clear . Hughton was to an extent but that argument is done . If potter is found wanting at all then it could be embarrassing

Still keeping the faith but a lot can see what’s coming

Still time though and I’m calming myself potter will be a magician

Too much of a risk to go with what we’ve got, especially at ST and RB. Your views not a million miles away from mine, but I just don’t see that Tony would be so lackadaisical about relegation...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Gyokores?

Most of them are on loan now anyway.....

Hopefully Alzate will get a chance.

VG already loaned out

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
What is rather more depressing than the perceived lack of transfer window activity is the return to these boards of the use of an unpleasant and derogatory word for unfortunate people with very real and serious problems as an insult to anyone with the temerity not to agree whole-heartedly with the poster's particular opinion. Very poor. Not impressed.

Look, I didn’t start this. I was ‘hilariously’ accused of bed wetting. I retorted with Licker as per NSC tradition. It is not meant as anything other than ‘licking the club’s ar$e’ BTW. Sorry if you think it was meant in some other way. Apologies to anyone else who misinterpreted my posts.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I totally agree.I too am worried about the lack of transfer activity,but lets be honest,we only need 2 maybe 3 players capable of improving the starting eleven.Still time to sign them surely? Abuse does not help.

There was no abuse. Don’t be ridiculous. False indignation.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
What on earth is that meant to me mean? Honestly, your rabid fatalism is pathetic.

Another moronic attempt to belittle someone with a different opinion. Truly pathetic.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
i am starting to think that you haven't attended any of the recruitment team meetings at all.......

Have you then?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Yes, that would be a joy to behold!

(Not entirely in agreement with the rest of your post though).

Now that is pathetic. You would rather see your club suffer so you can enjoy seeing realists on here suffer. Listen to yourself!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here