Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Incoming! (Storms across the channel)

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
There was an awful catastrophe here in Arizona on Saturday; there were many people enjoying a sunny afternoon at a swim hole in the Payson when, with virtually no warning, the area was inundated with a flash flood, carrying some of them many miles downstream. Nine people died and another man is still missing - Payson flash flooding deaths: 9 confirmed dead, 1 still missing

One guy (and his dog named Lucky) had a pretty miraculous escape - Chandler man survives Payson flash flood that claimed 9, 1 still missing

There's been a flash flood in Cornwall this afternoon.

https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/887377667833516032

[tweet]887377667833516032[/tweet]

[MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] Do I water the garden tonight or leave it? BN9 area.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patreon
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Rained for about 2 minutes with a distant rumble of thunder in Wadhurst.
Stopped now. Thunderstorms are the new snow

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Biblical rain just I came out of lidl in Eastleigh, so got drenched. Sake!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Looks like I'm watering the sodding garden again tonight then.

Just started to rain here in Durrington. That line of showers I mentioned earlier is developing nicely.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just started to rain here in Durrington. That line of showers I mentioned earlier is developing nicely.

Looks like I'm watering the sodding garden again tonight then.

Little rain in Southwick

Despite the poor showing at the moment, there's still a signal on the latest model output for rain here overnight.

P.S. And the weekend looks poor

graphe_ens3_opm8.gif

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
There was an awful catastrophe here in Arizona on Saturday; there were many people enjoying a sunny afternoon at a swim hole in the Payson when, with virtually no warning, the area was inundated with a flash flood, carrying some of them many miles downstream. Nine people died and another man is still missing - Payson flash flooding deaths: 9 confirmed dead, 1 still missing

One guy (and his dog named Lucky) had a pretty miraculous escape - Chandler man survives Payson flash flood that claimed 9, 1 still missing

Wow...that is a tragedy

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Hailstones the size of 50p pieces breaking windows in the Lizard Peninsula, which has also experienced flash flooding. If that's coming in from the Atlantic, stand by for a dangerous night.

There's been a flash flood in Cornwall this afternoon.

https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/887377667833516032

[tweet]887377667833516032[/tweet]

Totally bizarre weather this. I live on the Lizard, about 7 miles / 15 minutes from Coverack where the flash floods were, and we didn't get a drop of rain. One hell of a lightning show though

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Totally bizarre weather this. I live on the Lizard, about 7 miles / 15 minutes from Coverack where the flash floods were, and we didn't get a drop of rain. One hell of a lightning show though

We spent a holiday on the Lizard about 10 years ago, and we stayed in St Keverne (we were there at the same time as the Ox Roast) and I thought we went to Coverack, but it turns out we spent a day at Porthoustock just up the coast.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
My feeling is that there is another period of possibly thundery rain due roughly around 1am, as a trough feature drifts north. This tweet shows the feature.

[tweet]887382710091644928[/tweet]

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Enough about your sex lives, let's talk about the weather.

The latest radar has some rain developing along a line SW from roughly Rustington - could become something of interest..

View attachment 87337

Sorry!

On a more positive note it's back and lasting much longer now. Keep thinking that it's over and then it sparks up again. The Mrs is loving it although the loud rumblings have woken the 7 year old up - baby is sleeping through though which is a positive

From checking netweather we are in for a fair bit more to come

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here