Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Middlesbrough fan who tore up Koran banned from every ground

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"A football fan who ripped up pages of the Koran during a match has been banned from every football ground in England and Wales.

Julie Phillips, 51, tore pages during Middlesbrough's game away at Birmingham City last December.

Police said Phillips, who already had a lifetime ban from Middlesbrough's Riverside Stadium, caused or contributed to other acts of disorder.

Teesside Magistrates' Court made the order for three years.

Phillips is the first woman in the North East to receive such a ban."

PC gone mad?

el punal

"A football fan who ripped up pages of the Koran during a match has been banned from every football ground in England and Wales.

Julie Phillips, 51, tore pages during Middlesbrough's game away at Birmingham City last December.

Police said Phillips, who already had a lifetime ban from Middlesbrough's Riverside Stadium, caused or contributed to other acts of disorder.

Teesside Magistrates' Court made the order for three years.

Phillips is the first woman in the North East to receive such a ban."

PC gone mad?

Probably the answer to that lies in paragraph 3

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
The first thing that struck me is why the f*ck would you to take a Koran to a football game with the sole intention of ripping it up?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
She's certainly been very unlucky with all the times she's had a brush with OB. After all, luck can be the only reason that the vast majority of fans have little or no problem with OB when they go to the football, isn't it?

"When asked in court about her behaviour on a train back from London after Boro’s 1-0 defeat against Crystal Palace in November 2009, she said she was “being loud” but any swearing would have been within her group of friends.Phillips, of Kenmore Close, Thorntree, said that a policewoman asked her into the train vestibule took a bottle of Diet Coke off her and asked for ID. She said the policewoman threw her season ticket off the train and pushed her off at Grantham. She received a 12-month conditional discharge and £85 fine at Grantham Magistrates Court in February 2010.
Referring to the Millwall game in February 2013 at the Riverside Stadium, she told the court she called stewards “Little Hitlers” because they were picking on three members of the Red Faction supporters group. She said stewards were laughing at her. She denied calling a steward a “P***”.
Regarding the Hartlepool pre-season friendly match in 2013 she said she had been shouting at members of “Boro Youth” because they were “showing themselves up and antagonising police” ."

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/boro-fan-julie-phillips-defends-8297365

Is this anything to do with the Koran? Or is it to do with the fact that she was in contravention of an existing banning order when she turned up and committed an act of disorder? In other words, would the punishment have been the same if all she had done was say "Boo" to a steward?

If so, I don't see how "political correctness" (whatever that is supposed to mean) comes into it.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The first thing that struck me is why the f*ck would you to take a Koran to a football game with the sole intention of ripping it up?

To incite racial hatred and violence. So a ban from all football grounds seems like a ****ing good idea to me.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
To incite racial hatred and violence. So a ban from all football grounds seems like a ****ing good idea to me.

Doesn't stop her from watching the fitba in Scotland :lolol:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Let this also be a warning to anyone threatening to 'tear up' their season tickets in light of our diabolical performances. Clearly the authorities will not tolerate such action and have the power to serve 'inclusion orders' forcing fans to watch all cup games too (nb: this will include the paint pot trophy next season obviously).

Ignore at your PERIL!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Does this mean that Qurans will be added to the long list of items that we're prohibited from bringing into grounds? How about other religious works:will the Upanishads pass muster? Will an illicit copy of the Bhagavad Gita get you frogmarched out of the ground? And don't even think about bringing in voodoo dolls of Sami

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Let this also be a warning to anyone threatening to 'tear up' their season tickets in light of our diabolical performances. Clearly the authorities will not tolerate such action and have the power to serve 'inclusion orders' forcing fans to watch all cup games too (nb: this will include the paint pot trophy next season obviously).

Ignore at your PERIL!

A terrifying thought indeed.

*shudder*

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
There may be some Australian and Pakistani families who may not agree with you in light of the events of the last few days.

Isolated incidents by poor misguided Muslim souls of course.

After all Islam is the religion of peace.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Is this anything to do with the Koran? Or is it to do with the fact that she was in contravention of an existing banning order when she turned up and committed an act of disorder? In other words, would the punishment have been the same if all she had done was say "Boo" to a steward?

If so, I don't see how "political correctness" (whatever that is supposed to mean) comes into it.

The way I read it, she was only banned from The Riverside initially, and the next offence took place at an away game?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here