Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] RIP Frddie Starr :(

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Very funny man in his day. Never uploaded a You Tube video but there is one of him where he does the sped up/slowed down song routine. Not only a genius piece of comedy but laugh out loud stuff.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Very funny man in his day. Never uploaded a You Tube video but there is one of him where he does the sped up/slowed down song routine. Not only a genius piece of comedy but laugh out loud stuff.

This one?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
RIP

Definitely old school comedy which is much frowned upon these days

As a kid I remember him appearing with Dickie Davies on Cup Final World of Sport 1975 on the hallowed turf dressed as Adolf Hitler, bearing in mind this was only 30 years after the end of World War 2 and specifically the Holocaust, it shows how much times have changed.

I doubt the clip is still in existence.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
As a kid I remember him appearing with Dickie Davies on Cup Final World of Sport 1975 on the hallowed turf dressed as Adolf Hitler, bearing in mind this was only 30 years after the end of World War 2 and specifically the Holocaust, it shows how much times have changed.

How true.

It would be Wayne Hennessey now..

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I saw him live at the Dome back in the 80's when he was in his pomp and can remember being in physical pain from laughing at him, to the point that I wanted him to stop. He was a brilliant, brilliant performer.

RIP Fred.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

That’s because the generation that actually fought the war weren’t snowflakes and could laugh at themselves and others without being faux outraged every time the word black, monkey, German etc was used particularly in its rightful context. Still, at least they’ll never be another war in Europe, forget treaties, it wouldn’t be allowed on health and safety grounds...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Won’t see his like again, the world has changed so much for better or for worse. RIP Freddie, VERY funny man

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Used to love Freddie Starr always acting pissed...turned out, he wasn’t acting.

RIP.
Don't think it was ever Alcohol. He never drank but developed an addition to valium.

Very funny comedian. I think it's a bit revisionist to describe him as "old school".

His act was quite unique.

Obviously very difficult man off stage with numerous personal issues.

It was legal issues that led to him to move to Spain im the first place.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

"I'd like to sing a song for you now, a wonderful song, called 'Vincent'. It's about Vincent Van Gogh, the famous painter...and decorator."

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
6cr5aqAEi.png

Star for Starr. RIP!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here