Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The level of club we are.......

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
CH is trying to manage expectation in the interviews he gives, but it’s the lack of fight in the last 2 games that has got people groaning. I don’t want to see him lose his job here as he has done well, but I don’t think he has the skill set to create a dynamic forward thinking team. His skill is defending, it’s what he did. Keegan was an attacker, it’s how he tried to manage. Could we not bring in a coach to work under Hughton who has the skills to work with the team moving forward, allowing Hughton to manage the team and work to his own strengths?

This next season.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The How high is your wage argument doesn't wash with me. We're talking about professional sportsmen here, at a minimum even at Brighton, earning, per week, what most of us earn in a year. They should be prepared to die on the pitch for that or **** off.

CH is at major fault in not changing his starting line up as it clearly has woefully underperforming, players in it, as well as (apparently) disruptive and insubordinate elements.

I would rather see a slightly lesser player with the correct work rate and attitude.

On Tuesday the only player to walk off the pitch with any credit was Bruno.

CH didn't even use his 3rd substitution. Unbelievable.

Totally agree with you about Bruno .... unbelievably the veteran was the true MOTM. Class.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Fatigue and punch drunk from constant pressure in the same areas of the field. I would certainly give Duffy or Dunk a rest and give Burn a few games as he has done well when asked. Our basic problem is that we don’t have sufficient quality in the first XI, let alone the rest of the squad.
As for giving 100% - no one is going to give 100% if they are knackered, dispirited and under orders that they maybe don’t agree with.

Good post. I used the term punch drunk this week too, the players look mentally beat, everytime our opponents take the lead.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
First half of the season we had some lucky wins, so were in a false position.
Since Xmas we’ve lost the luck in games and had some injuries. A team at our level, can’t sustain that for long so we are back where we should be - fighting relegation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not sure we were in a false position at the turn of the year. There is a quote that goes "the harder I work, the luckier I get"...Now I get that those 3 games in-a-row that we won may be deemed "lucky" but people forget they were incredibly well earned. The players dug very deep and worked extremely hard to get those victories.

Every club has injuries so we cannot really use that as excuse. Going back to luck again, you say we have lost the luck since Christmas, but I disagree...With the obvious misfortune of coming-up against an in-form Ben Foster for Watford, I cannot think too many other matches where we have been unlucky. We just have not performed to decent enough levels, plain and simply...The last 3 home games have been testament to that.

Yes I agree that battling relegation should come as no surprise to us as we are definitely part of that bottom tranche of Premier League clubs...But as I said previously we should be well safe by now.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
A club at our level cannot afford to miss (and mis-use) Pascal Gross. 40% of the assists and 8 goals from one fabulous footballer. 4-4-1-1 @ home worked brilliantly last season but was shite away. Now Pascal is back GRIND out 2 or 3 points from somewhere

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Rome wasn't built in a day we just got to survive and try and bring some our own talent through the system as well as buying wisely :facepalm:
It's about trying to stay up long enough to do this.
TB doesn't have a bottomless pit of money.
Look we nearly went out the Football league keep the faith.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Rome wasn't built in a day we just got to survive and try and bring some our own talent through the system as well as buying wisely :facepalm:
It's about trying to stay up long enough to do this.
TB doesn't have a bottomless pit of money.
Look we nearly went out the Football league keep the faith.

IF we stay up, regardless of the manager in charge, we’ll see significant first team player investment this summer.

TB always acts on mistakes or paths that left us struggling.

In a short time, we moved from a team with Upson, Buckley, Orlandi, Lopez and Ulloa; to Holla, COG, McCourt and Colunga. He then changed tact and we started signing quality again.

It will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I can only recall us being crap in both ability and lacking fight once before, where the last few weeks/months of home games ended in a whimper. That was the 2006 relegation from the Championship - where everyone else seemed simply better at football than us.

In the NS, people actually seem quite jokey and light about crap we are, rather than sadness and silence. Quite surreal.
Reminds me of the season Mullery returned we went down without a fight despite having Richard Tiltman. :lolol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
IF we stay up, regardless of the manager in charge, we’ll see significant first team player investment this summer.

TB always acts on mistakes or paths that left us struggling.

In a short time, we moved from a team with Upson, Buckley, Orlandi, Lopez and Ulloa; to Holla, COG, McCourt and Colunga. He then changed tact and we started signing quality again.

It will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Absolutely this.......club is in very good hands and any hiccups will be learned from.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here