Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Sheffield Wednesday *** Official Match Thread ***

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Good half and very unfortunate to go in level. Would like to see Hunt on at half time and March if we are not ahead within 10 minutes of the break. Murphy has been good at tracking back but offered little going forward

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Stephens is having a poor game, and Goldstone as many predicted.

DanRedman

Mar 18, 2014
Can someone post the seagulls lotto halftime numbers. Gone for a beer or two to forget that own goal...

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Not a bad half. We looked the better side for the most part and they got a goal out of nowhere. Kayal and March at 60 mins and we're away.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Hey ya'll, without looking through 22 pages, I am watching on the tellybox, can't do 'midweekers'... let's look on the bright side even though I am raging inside for something they don't deserve.

Our defence is doing fantastic, Duffy is a rock.

Our midfield is bossing it with Stephens at the helm.

Our attack is always dangerous, led by Knocky.

We have a whole 45 mins left and unless they skank something I can't see beyond us. See you on 90 mins :smile:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Well that's annoying. I wonder if the Hught's thinking will be to keep it tight and snatch a goal rather than go all out and bring on a more spritely Hunt and a Kayal to bring the midfield into attacking life.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Half time team talk in each dressing room; "at my command, unleash hell!"

Looking like an interesting second half.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
[MENTION=17438]Seagull kimchi[/MENTION], do you have anything to say?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
On the plus side Knockhard has been excellent and Thomas Hemed has looked lively

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Oh and the crowd looks good, few empty seats and some great atmosphere.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
1-1 HT. We have been very good. Wednesday have been poor. We've completely shut them out.

The OG was one of those freak ones. If Dunk hadn't clipped the ball, Stockdale would've got it. If Norwood hadn't put his foot out, Dunk would've cleared it.

Keep playing the way we have and this game is ours. As long as Goldson is removed from RB, as they seem to have noticed his weakness now.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Goldson, a central defender is a liability at right back. So let's get Kayal, a central midfielder to fill in instead.

Clueless.

I understand what you are both saying but I do think that a more mobile player that is more confident on the ball would be wise given the way Goldson has been asked to get forward and help the attack. Goldson also seems to let nerves get to him and not having many minutes followed by being chucked in an unfamiliar position won't help

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
A midfielder (obviously) has more going forward than a centre half. Tenacity would also be a useful trait in such a cameo position.

What would you suggest? Leave him on? Bring on the inexperienced Hunt?

Leave him on. It's not like their attacks are exploiting him. I'd be more inclined to alter our attacking options than our defensive.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
[QUOTE=Sussex Nomad;7759393I am watching on the tellybox, can't do 'midweekers'...

Looking at the gaps in the crowd you are not on your own........though I expect a 29k crowd to be announced later.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here