Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert

LVGull

May 13, 2016
All this talk about the importance of Bruno and Hughton....maybe this is actually a blessing. He's lost the security blanket of their support now. Everyone gets a clean slate, no favours, no room for attitudes. He needs to get his head down, work hard and listen to Potter. If he does he'll come good.

Chip in or ship out

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Not the effort argument again. Much of what people seem to see as effort is completed wasted energy. Those unnecessary runs across the pitch to launch himself at a defender clearing the ball which he has no chance of closing down, followed by a long run back to get back into the position he should have been in originally are not effort - they show a lack of maturity and/or intelligence.

I hope you weren't one of the idiots who applauded him after he got himself needlessly sent off against Bournemouth.

So you're arguing the headless chicken argument with the effort argument. Nice.
Effort, even inefficient, is still effort. Most of his play is misguided currently, Potter will need to address this to get the best out of him, and AK will need to listen and respond. But what we do know, beyond argument, is that he will put in a shift, he gives a shit, and on has day has some serious skill.
But let's just write him off.

Jul 7, 2003
So you're arguing the headless chicken argument with the effort argument. Nice.
Effort, even inefficient, is still effort. Most of his play is misguided currently, Potter will need to address this to get the best out of him, and AK will need to listen and respond. But what we do know, beyond argument, is that he will put in a shift, he gives a shit, and on has day has some serious skill.
But let's just write him off.

I could run around and put in a shift but it doesn't make me a Premier League player - even Kerry Mayo put in a shift occasionally between pies. It is my opinion that we should sell him to championship team where he can play at his true level and we can look to move forward rather than always looking back.

We won't agree on this one and I know that this is just like the old Kuipers arguments on here - some will always only see the best of the player, others believe that their time has passed. If we all agreed on these things NSC would be a much duller place:kiss:

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
I think Knockaert will surprise us all and switch roles to become our midfield dynamo with the ball skills and trickery to create space and terrify defences. Our very own Mahrez. A bit like our Sully did in fact.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I just hope he can cope without his crutches.

It was well documented that Bruno and Hughton were good for him and help him big time after his father passed away and we got promoted.

To lose one would be hard, but to lose two pieces of his support network will be even harder. I think Bruno will be the biggest loss to him personally.

If he gets to express him self on the pitch once again then we could see the AK of old.

Although Bruno has said that he is staying in town with his family and hopes to have a role at the club (would bloody hope so too) so Knocky will still have Bruno around for support.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Hopefully he won't be in the club by that time.
One of our highest earners. Contributes all-too-infrequently. One of the drinking crew. Stupid red cards. Bad attitude.
Get rid.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
I reckon he's off to Leeds. Just a hunch. Their type of player

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Id be very surprised if he was sold, our best winger on his game, lets hope Mr Potter can get him 20 yards further up the pitch like all our wide men and give them a chance at attacking a side rather than defending a bit more often

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think Knockaert will surprise us all and switch roles to become our midfield dynamo with the ball skills and trickery to create space and terrify defences. Our very own Mahrez. A bit like our Sully did in fact.
I don't think Knocky is good enough at stopping and picking out passes left & right for that. He gets his head down, tries to beat his man, and either shoot or put a cross in. Happy to be proved wrong.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Kick up the arse and back to his best hopefully

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Id be very surprised if he was sold, our best winger on his game, lets hope Mr Potter can get him 20 yards further up the pitch like all our wide men and give them a chance at attacking a side rather than defending a bit more often

Absolutely right. Yes, he's inconsistent and hangs onto the ball for too long but he's one of the few Albion players who can make things happen in offensive positions. It'd be a mistake to sell him. If Potter can get his head right and encourage him, then we might see him flourish again.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I think it's mostly mental with him. When he plays every week and is one of the best players (as he would be in any Championship team) he loves it and his confidence shines through.

In the Prem he COULD be a very useful and effective squad player but I don't think his mentality lets him play to 100% of his ability when he spends most of his time sat on the bench. It's a shame and he's a member of the Brighton family...... but he might do better for his career to drop down yet again and star for a big Championship team every week.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Hopefully he won't be in the club by that time.
One of our highest earners. Contributes all-too-infrequently. One of the drinking crew. Stupid red cards. Bad attitude.
Get rid.
Is he one of the drinking crew? Usually seems to go home to see his kid when the other's are tearing up West Street

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I certainly hope that Potter can re-focus Knocky. He remains one of the most exciting players I’ve seen in the stripes but has continued to frustrate with his sloppy passing, terrible challenges and headless chicken runs into dead ends.

I’m certain that he was one of the players who were getting massively frustrated with Hughton bus parking (Murray being one other) tactics.

I still think that he has a huge amount to offer us but there’s going to be a lot of self critique required...I’m not sure that’s his strong point.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
He def is one of the few Albion players that Steve Coppell would say has a 'box of tricks'. I feel under Potter we will need such a player.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Yep.
Currently in Vegas with Duffy. No doubt a sophisticated trip.

Duffy? He’s a picture of Irish propriety. I mean it’s not like he left his family to go and Shag legendary cockmuncher Katie “Jordan” Price is it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here