Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Happier?

How are you feeling after the sacking of Chris Hughton and appointment of Graham Potter?

• Much happier

Votes: 155 42.3%
  • A bit happier

Votes: 118 32.2%
  • Pretty much the same

Votes: 68 18.6%
  • A bit unhappier

Votes: 20 5.5%
  • Much unhappier

Votes: 5 1.4%

• Total voters

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Happier especially as the new man has already quoted 3 things that were wrong and needed fixing

‘Players enjoying their football’

‘Play football in a positive way’

‘It’s my job to get the players to believe that they can go in to every match and win’

If he can deliver that will be even happier
None of those three things were evident during last season. Muted goal celebrations from some told a hidden story.

Happy even if it all goes tits up.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Top work. I'm glad you pulled him up for that.

That said, you could argue that the fear of a possible duff appointment was there even before CH was sacked. I confess I have thought about it.

It could also be argued that it doesn't really matter how we feel about this. Personally, I feel that I know nothing about what will happen.

The close season is so confusing.

Still, I voted for the best possible feeling. Partly because Potter seems like a great fit, and parly because I have just eaten a Barnsley chop and had a smashing VAT of wine. [emoji38]ol:[emoji106]

Edited for you Doc.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Christ, all the grief I got about starting a Hughton out thread a few weeks ago and now everyone is magically happy now he’s gone and we have someone else in. Classic NSC

Yes, I see what you are saying. I watched with interest all the polls as the season unfolded. First of all, the vast majority was aghast at the thought of sacking CH, but then how it changed with every one of those disastrous home defeats, as most fans became increasingly cheesed off with the defensive tactics employed against teams lower in the league than ourselves.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Bottom line is I trust Bloom. I've said a lot over on another thread and article but one thing to add is I know that I'd have been cheesed off just watching us barely survive on pragmatic rearguard actions. Bloom is a fan and must have been through those emotions too, but he gets to vote with his wallet, and has done in emphatic fashion.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
A bit happier but with trepidation, mostly fearing an I-told-you-so brigade if it doesn’t work.

If people are still going on about Ashley Barnes can you imagine what they’ll do with this?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I am happier than I was before because I had reckoned that CH had run his race,

Now looking forward to a new era with GP and to ( perhaps expectantly ) seeing some fire from one or two, or a few, who were utilised in weird positions and some, who were for us major signings, who didn't even get a sniff, and who probably have been scratching their heads as to why they signed in the first place.

It is the start of a new chapter and I am looking forward to not necessarily expansive football, but football focusing on a variety of strategies other than backs to the wall which some of us at least had become resigned to !

Re: 'some utilised in weird positions', be prepared for some of that with Potter if that lengthy article on another thread is anything to go by. Only an odd game here and there and always for a purpose. Should be fun.

On the way

Oct 9, 2016
North Herts
Less happy. I didn't like (still don't) the sacking of Hughton. last summer we bulked up the squad (without improving the team) - I was expecting/hoping for two or three class signings that would go straight into the first team and improve it, and we would kick on with Chris; however, it was not to be. At least we've got our new man in pretty sharpish, which is good - and I will support him, the team and the club - but I'm still waiting until I see actual evidence that TB hasn't made a gigantic mistake before I get excited.
I'm hoping to get won over in the next few months. Right now though I'm more doubtful than elated.

This, however welcome Graham Potter and good luck, UTA

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
If the question was how do you feel compared to Tuesday morning, then happier is a given, because Potter is a more interesting signing than the ones you mention. But it's how you feel compared to before Hughton was sacked, so those other managers don't come into it.

Top work. I'm glad you pulled him up for that.

Trig - if you read the poll question more carefully it says “How do you feel AFTER the sacking of Chris Hughton and the appointment of Graham Potter” - so having answered this specific question I think my response is justified (and it is you who has mis-read the question) so those other managers I mentioned do come into it.

And of course how could I have missed Pardew off the list - the biggest bullet dodge of them all !
:facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Trig - if you read the poll question more carefully it says “How do you feel AFTER the sacking of Chris Hughton and the appointment of Graham Potter” - so having answered this specific question I think my response is justified (and it is you who has mis-read the question) so those other managers I mentioned do come into it.

And of course how could I have missed Pardew off the list - the biggest bullet dodge of them all !
:facepalm:

Selectively quoted me there, to be fair. :wrong::lolol:

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Still a bit unhappier. I would have preferred Hughton to stay. Appointing Potter is a huge gamble but hopefully it will pay off.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Very happy. I reached the end of the season with my Albion mojo at a low point. The Premier League has largely been what I expected with a massive difference between the haves and the have nots. However I thought we would compete well with the bottom half because of our greater spirit. First season this happened but something got lost this season and I can only put that down to the manager and the new recruits and perhaps the way Hughton tried to give them a go.

Anyway he just got more and more negative the worse the results got. The run we had in January was always going to be difficult and I expected that but then we hit the “easy” games at home and we just didn’t turn up. Still don’t know why, but I suspect it’s because Hughton or the players under Hughton found it difficult to shift back to a positive approach after several games of being told to defend all the time.

Either way he just didn’t deliver the brand of football I want to watch and therefore I agree with the change. I also like the fact that Bloom wants to progress. He clearly isn’t happy to tread water - just staying up every season until we eventually go down. He wants better than that however hard that may be.

I think we are still on a journey of progression, how far can we go? We certainly have the people at the top to take us a long way that’s for sure.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Happier now that we have a manager.

However, sad, that so many of my fellow Brighton fans seem to have forgotten three and a half years of success and turned on a dignified man who did a great job.

Many will be the same fans who turn on the new manager, if it goes wrong early next season.

Good luck to Graham Potter, and hope you are a great success at my club.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Based on the poll, there are certainly some “noisy” posters who are in the unhappy camp as the poll seems a lot more positive than the balance of the discussion on multiple threads.

Brandyaitch

Nov 29, 2018
Task 1 - get something positive out of Locadia, Jahanbakhsh and Andone
2 - Introduce some of the U23 squad into the first team so that TB hasn't wasted millions on the academy
3 - we already have 2 new signings in Argentina and Romania

If he can get that lot to work we have 7 or 8 'new' first team players at no cost

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Ecstatic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here