Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Own up.....who had a tear in their eye ?

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Thought i'd got away with it untill the girl next to me gave me a tissue.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don’t mind admitting - cried my eyes out and so did my kids. As a fan since 1979, for some reason, for me, that man is the personification of our club - it won’t be the same without him.

Sounds likely he will be sticking around in some capacity, if that is any comfort.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I was overcome with emotion. Bruno has personified everything that I love about our club.

Zen Frenzy

Jul 2, 2013
Withdean
PG's alleged pursuit of Bruno Fernandes was a misheard rumour; it was actually Bruno Salter who has immediately come out of retirement and joined Citeh on a freebie.

Top Albion player and will be long remembered. Would be great if he could stay in mentoring capacity - his class should be contagious.

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
Was waiting for the ref to book him. Based on the general standard this season, I'd imagine he didn't notice - but it was an unusual display of emotional intelligence if he contextually decided against it.

Liverpool fans must be raging. 6 subs with Bruno taking 10 mins(ish) to leave the pitch and only 2 mins of injury time. I thought we were just getting into the game as well......

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Not been that emotional since Caldy's last game. Amazing man, very humble, met him a couple of times away from football and always a gentleman.

End of an era really. Last of that amazing Spanish Flair period.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I think this needs to be bounced.

What a man. What a player. What a Seagull.

Once a Seagull, always a Seagull.

[video]https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11718442/bruno-thanks-seagulls[/video]

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Me, absolutely. Can't think of another player who I've felt that emotional about. Not even Calderon, whose departure was perhaps more expected. I imagine many of us thought Bruno might have earned another season.

Sniff.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks

[video]https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11718442/bruno-thanks-seagulls[/video]

I'm in bits. Just love that man.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer

I blubbed when he was subbed, then again when he said the "once a seagull, always a seagull"...Really very emotional, makes today seem even more harsh...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here