Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Alex Scott @ Sky Sports.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I like the terrible goal keeping , it’s what makes it barely watchable .

I just wish the Benny Hill music would startup over the loud speakers when someone’s through on goal just to finish off the comedy effect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think my wife is typical of many female supporters - she wants to hear expert opinion and analysis from people who’ve been at the top of the professional game.

Why? I can count on two fingers the top professionals I’d like to hear open their mouths. They offer little more than tired cliches, nothing more than you can see with your own eyes or nothing you can’t work out yourself. I’d much rather listen to a half decent journalist or match reporter.

I have no idea what this Alex Jones is like but I’m willing to bet she can’t be any worse than the crap we regularly hear.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Whilst I agree that is a ridiculous comment, why are women goalkeepers so appallingly bad? I’ve often wondered. There’s no reason why they should be any worse than men, apart from a bit weaker and a bit slower. They should still be able to catch a ball.

The Albion are pushing women’s football so much at the moment, and apart from a number of ‘look how PC I am’ posters on here, I don’t know anyone who is interested in it. It seems like there’s even more stuff on social media these days then there is about the men’s team. Yesterday I logged on to Instagram to be told ‘Defeat for Albion today’. Their constant marketing clearly isn’t working for me, because I’m ashamed to admit that the first word that came to my head was ‘Good’.

I’ve often thought this about numerous Brighton keepers. Similarly with outfield players and passing the ball.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I’ve often thought this about numerous Brighton keepers. Similarly with outfield players and passing the ball.

Indeed. An inability to pass the ball to someone’s feet accurately from 8 yards away when being paid 30 grand a week is an extraordinary phenomena.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Why? I can count on two fingers the top professionals I’d like to hear open their mouths. They offer little more than tired cliches, nothing more than you can see with your own eyes or nothing you can’t work out yourself. I’d much rather listen to a half decent journalist or match reporter.

I have no idea what this Alex Jones is like but I’m willing to bet she can’t be any worse than the crap we regularly hear.

You didn’t enjoy Shearer’s “They brought on Solly March and some other substitutes” in his ‘analysis’ on Saturday evening then?

Stumpy Tim

Whilst I agree that is a ridiculous comment, why are women goalkeepers so appallingly bad? I’ve often wondered. There’s no reason why they should be any worse than men, apart from a bit weaker and a bit slower. They should still be able to catch a ball.

The Albion are pushing women’s football so much at the moment, and apart from a number of ‘look how PC I am’ posters on here, I don’t know anyone who is interested in it. It seems like there’s even more stuff on social media these days then there is about the men’s team. Yesterday I logged on to Instagram to be told ‘Defeat for Albion today’. Their constant marketing clearly isn’t working for me, because I’m ashamed to admit that the first word that came to my head was ‘Good’.

I've said for a long time, until they're allowed a bloke in goal, or reduce the goal size, I'm not interested. I haven't seen a good female goalkeeper and I'm not expecting to.

Have to say though, I like Alex Scott. She's far better than a lot of her male counterparts

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I've said for a long time, until they're allowed a bloke in goal, or reduce the goal size, I'm not interested. I haven't seen a good female goalkeeper and I'm not expecting to.

Have to say though, I like Alex Scott. She's far better than a lot of her male counterparts

It’s ridiculous they play in the same size goals as men. Who do they persist with it?

I’m not sure putting a bloke in goal would send out the message they’re looking for though. Apart from anything else, every game would be 0-0.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Indeed. An inability to pass the ball to someone’s feet accurately from 8 yards away when being paid 30 grand a week is an extraordinary phenomena.

I’m willing to do this for just half the money.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It’s ridiculous they play in the same size goals as men. Who do they persist with it?

I’m not sure putting a bloke in goal would send out the message they’re looking for though. Apart from anything else, every game would be 0-0.

Every game 0-0. Is Mrs Hughton the manager?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

They are shocking. I went to the Arsenal game yesterday and Brighton’s goalie is very poor. Arsenal’s wasn’t the best either. They just can’t dive, always seems ‘slow motion’.

The difference yesterday was the technical ability and apparent athleticism of Arsenal vs our ladies.

However, I’ve watched games on league and internationals on TV, and whilst I really don’t think the league is that good, other than the top 3 or 4, I thought the international’s weren’t too bad.

Picking up your final para though, the good things for me was the youngsters and overall interaction of the crowd. There is definitely a different ‘feel’ for me than our games.

Whilst it isn’t for me longer term, I do look for their results in the same way I do for the U18s. Good luck to them.

Not about being PC or anything and someone may take offence to me mentioning goalies (so apologies if anyone is offended).

Edit - I prefer Alex Scott to Jamie Redknapp, they both state the obvious, only Redknapp’s been doing it for years, so perhaps time for a change.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
140 appearances for England and represented the country in the Olympics. Think I'll take her views over some of the dinosaurs in this topic.

There are some extremes on here, for sure. But let's say the standard is National League (which is probably only true of some players). What chance do you think a National League player would have of being invited in as a pundit to give their view on a Premier League game, based on their expertise? Ok, yes, she will have played in front of some big crowds (mingled in with the 900ish average for the women's game) - so let's say he'd been in a couple of FA Trophy Finals..

Like the majority of men's football, the women's game is great for those that are playing it.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Whilst I agree that is a ridiculous comment, why are women goalkeepers so appallingly bad?I’ve often wondered. There’s no reason why they should be any worse than men, [
apart from a bit weaker and a bit slower. They should still be able to catch a ball.

I think you’ve answered your own Question there.

If Maty was “a bit weaker and a bit slower” he’d be shithouse too.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
They are shocking. I went to the Arsenal game yesterday and Brighton’s goalie is very poor. Arsenal’s wasn’t the best either. They just can’t dive, always seems ‘slow motion’.

The difference yesterday was the technical ability and apparent athleticism of Arsenal vs our ladies.

However, I’ve watched games on league and internationals on TV, and whilst I really don’t think the league is that good, other than the top 3 or 4, I thought the international’s weren’t too bad.

Picking up your final para though, the good things for me was the youngsters and overall interaction of the crowd. There is definitely a different ‘feel’ for me than our games.

Whilst it isn’t for me longer term, I do look for their results in the same way I do for the U18s. Good luck to them.

Not about being PC or anything and someone may take offence to me mentioning goalies (so apologies if anyone is offended).

If somebody is genuinely offended by the fact that you mentioned that the goalkeepers weren’t very good, then I would suggest that they take a long, hard look at themselves and think about what they are doing with their life.

What was the crowd at the Arsenal game?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I think you’ve answered your own Question there.

If Maty was “a bit weaker and a bit slower” he’d be shithouse too.

Not if all the outfield players were a bit weaker and a bit slower as well though, which they are in the women’s game. So you’d think that the goalkeepers would have proportionally the same ability as the outfield players, but they don’t seem to.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
It was inevitable that women footballers would eventually do what women often will.

The USA national team are demanding that they be payed exactly the same as their male counterparts. They ignore the fact that the men’s game actually funds their version of the game by attracting sponsors, crowds and interest.

Women will claim that they take the same risks and make the same sacrifices to play at the top level...both of which are untrue...but ignore the basic maths. Revenue=pay.

It always amuses me when I hear pundits on Talksport, when interviewing women pros and agreeing with them over pay etc. Ex players like Brazil and Parlor who NEVER go and watch women’s football spouting this PC nonsense.

In the next breath (once the ladies are out of the way) they’re crapping on about it being a “mans game”

boik

It's the top level of lower level monkey tennis....

It's a level, of course, and good for her - but do I want to hear someone who's played only at that level critiquing someone who has played at a vastly superior level?

No, I don't.

And yet we have to hear the opinions of hundreds of people who have never played at anywhere near the level that she has, on NSC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here