Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Bagpipe Sturgeon and a 2010 independence vote.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Little, little England.

Some mantra you've got there - little, little England, little, little England, little, little England - that you seem to like to repeatedly add to your posts. You must really hate your country. England is fine, thanks, not little, not large, just the right size. I love it and am proud of it, and I'm proud to be English and British too. And if you think that makes me a supporter of the EDF, or someone who doesn't detest the likes of Tommy Robinson, that would make you a truly ignorant cvnt - I really hope you're above sinking to the level of chucking that sort of pathetic insult about.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Some mantra you've got there - little, little England, little, little England, little, little England - that you seem to like to repeatedly add to your posts. You must really hate your country. England is fine, thanks, not little, not large, just the right size. I love it and am proud of it, and I'm proud to be English and British too. And if you think that makes me a supporter of the EDF, or someone who doesn't detest the likes of Tommy Robinson, that would make you a truly ignorant cvnt - I really hope you're above sinking to the level of chucking that sort of pathetic insult about.

I love my country too, but I find it hilarious that people are attacking Scotland for "disillusions of grandeur" for thinking about leaving the Union when hard Brexiteers think we are entering a phase of British Empire Two.

I'll repeat. You all warned Scotland that independence meant leaving the EU. Now England has decided to leave the EU ( Scotland didn't ) we are now attacking Scotland about thinking about leaving the UK to remain the EU.

Brexit has changed everything, but Brexiteers didn't think about that. Did they ?

Behind the scenes the reason Queen May has gone down the damage limitation route is that she has been advised by the best we have that leaning the EU severely threatens the Union.

Politics is in a very very odd place. No surprise that certain posters on here (not you) are pushing the English nationalism agenda because they've realised the **** up they made pushing a separatist agenda.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I love my country too, but I find it hilarious that people are attacking Scotland for "disillusions of grandeur" for thinking about leaving the Union when hard Brexiteers think we are entering a phase of British Empire Two.

I'll repeat. You all warned Scotland that independence meant leaving the EU. Now England has decided to leave the EU ( Scotland didn't ) we are now attacking Scotland about thinking about leaving the UK to remain the EU.

Brexit has changed everything, but Brexiteers didn't think about that. Did they ?
Christ almighty - I've read enough of your crap on the Brexit thread; one of the reasons I can't be arsed to go on there any more. I'll now leave this one as well - it's not worth the aggro. Go on sunshine. Have the last word. You'll believe that's a triumph I expect! Enjoy it with my blessing.

I'l put you on ignore now - I expect you'll keep badgering on all night, and I've got more interesting things to do. 'Nighty 'night. xxx

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Christ almighty - I've read enough of your crap on the Brexit thread; one of the reasons I can't be arsed to go on there any more. I'll now leave this one as well - it's not worth the aggro. Go on sunshine. Have the last word. You'll believe that's a triumph I expect! Enjoy it with my blessing.

I'l put you on ignore now - I expect you'll keep badgering on all night, and I've got more interesting things to do. 'Nighty 'night. xxx

Man down the pub.

( 4 words )

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ignored. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear............................!

Wonder what it said ................ hmmmm. Couldn't give a .........................

:lolol:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Ignored. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear............................!

Wonder what it said ................ hmmmm. Couldn't give a .........................

:lolol:

Fortunately everyone else can see, which is of course the utter futility of the the ignore list.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

Behind the scenes the reason Queen May has gone down the damage limitation route is that she has been advised by the best we have that leaning the EU severely threatens the Union.

Politics is in a very very odd place. No surprise that certain posters on here (not you) are pushing the English nationalism agenda because they've realised the **** up they made pushing a separatist agenda.

The last time the SNP rolled the dice in a referendum they lied....

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/aug/20/snp-accused-exaggerating-north-sea-oil-reserves

The lie is fully exposed.

Worse for those that want Scottish independence is the reality that it means either staying with sterling or joining the euro. The reason the SNP played out last time that an independent Scotland would keep sterling was that they knew the Scots didn’t want to join the euro.

The question of Scottish independence is essentially the same as BREXIT.......join the euro or stay a sovereign independent nation.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The last time the SNP rolled the dice in a referendum they lied....

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/aug/20/snp-accused-exaggerating-north-sea-oil-reserves

The lie is fully exposed.

Worse for those that want Scottish independence is the reality that it means either staying with sterling or joining the euro. The reason the SNP played out last time that an independent Scotland would keep sterling was that they knew the Scots didn’t want to join the euro.

The question of Scottish independence is essentially the same as BREXIT.......join the euro or stay a sovereign independent nation.

I don't "support" Scottish Independence, I'd think they'd be bonkers - but Brexit has moved the goal posts hasn't it ?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I don't "support" Scottish Independence, I'd think they'd be bonkers - but Brexit has moved the goal posts hasn't it ?

I don’t see how, if the Scots want genuine independence they need an independent Scottish currency. If the Scots want to join the EU then they get the euro, as per the EU rules for succession countries.

Polling from the BBC today puts Scots preference for an independent currency above the euro........and the euro is at 14% approval.

If Sturgeon is shilling for Scotland to join the EU she has a mountain to climb to convince the Scots that it’s in their interest to have the euro. She won’t do that anyway because the truth is by joining the euro the macro fiscal policy decisions will simply be moved from London to Brussels and Frankfurt. Plus ca change.

The same can be said about Brexit, in the EU but outside the Eurozone is not sustainable in the long term, at some point it’s either all-in or all-out. Those that want the U.K. in the EU should be shilling the benefits of joining the euro.

They don’t because it’s not popular..........like in Scotland.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

not by much. stay in UK, maybe leave the EU. leave UK, leave EU.

On the way

Oct 9, 2016
North Herts
I spent 4 years getting educated at a Scottish university, "free". In my 4 years I never got abuse for being English. Great people, I've far more in common with the Scots than Brexit-voting wankers in the industrial heartlands of England and Wales.
“Brexit-voting wankers” what someone with a difference of opinion to yourself you mean? nice.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
“Brexit-voting wankers” what someone with a difference of opinion to yourself you mean? nice.

I mean the ones voting themselves out of jobs - like carworkers - because they're a bit racist.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here