Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Johnson or Hunt?

Who would you vote for as next leader of the Tory party and Prime Minister?

• Boris Johnson

Votes: 86 41.1%
  • Jeremy Hunt

Votes: 123 58.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Really, do we have to go over this again?

Voting for local MP, at GE, not the leader and therefore the PM, etc etc etc. That is how our democracy has been set-up. I have no idea how long since we had anything else, or when there was any difference between the UK parties on this one.

I would question how many voters actually vote for the person to be their local MP as opposed to the party that they prefer.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
no I think it's more that anyone normal would believe that Johnson is going to be a ****ing disaster as the leader of our country. A sloppy, careless egotist with a proven track record of messing things up when he's been given any form of power.

Hunt will still be awful, but ever so slightly less awful

nothing to do with being a "leftie" and everything to do with our country moving out of laughing stock status

I really can't wait for this to be resolved. Whoever wins will have to deliver a brexit which is nothing like either has promised.
Another fall guy who will fail at the first election.
Then the real fun begins, imagine Corbyn as PM ?????
I suspect there will be another coalition.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I voted BJ, as he's lesser of a buffoon than Hunt.
Should be a smooth buffoon baton hand over from TM to BJ, unless one of the them drops one.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Whichever delivers Brexit. I care not.

I think that what you need is more miracle worker than politician

I guess there's an extreme outside possibility of TM's deal re-branded if you're really desperate :wink:

Last edited:

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I think I'd go Boris as I think the best thing that can happen re: Brexit now is for a Brexiteer to take charge and **** things up beyond repair. Someone really, really stupid but also really Brexity.

Boris is our man.

This.

The poll should have been entitled Dumb or Dumber [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No big fan of Hunt but at least he bears some semblance to being a serious politician.

For that dolt Boris, it's all just a jolly Eton-style jape. What an absolute moron. Anybody voting for him for next PM is utterly beneath contempt.

The mere fact that Johnson is endorsed by Trump tells you all you need to know.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
No big fan of Hunt but at least he bears somr semblance to being a serious politician.

For that dolt Boris, it's all just a jolly Eton-style jape. What an absolute moron. Anybody voting for him for next PM is utterly beneath contempt.

This.

I used to think Boris was an incredibly intelligent man just acting like an idiot to bamboozle people into getting exactly what he wants.

Now I think he's just an idiot just acting like an idiot.. but he's still getting exactly what he wants. :shrug:

Jan 30, 2008
Regardless of who you like or don't like it's all about getting Brexit done and out of the way so we can all move on ,all for one and one for all .
Regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
Brexit is the biggest farce going. Ignorant Tory’s have ruined this country

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can blame who ever you want, the undemocratic elite and establishment have ignored the people for their own gratification , reap what they sow
Regards
DR

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Is it just me that thinks with Johnson at the helm we'll become a global figure-of-fun in the same way most of us look at the USA with Trump running the show?

No, it's not just you. The trouble is that Johnson is a walking calamity, he's a total liability being voted into power (well, Hunt is just a male version of May) by all the Colnel Blimps and their Stepford wives out there in Shireland who are hankering after some deluded notion that we can somehow turn the clock back to when we had an empire and there was always honey for tea.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It would be quite funny if the result of the NSC poll is reflected in the Tory membership vote ! Going to be some fantastic reverse-ferreting by some big name Tory's who have crawled right up Johnson's arse in the hope of a good posting.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I’m proud to say I voted Boris. He will be great.

It’s time our Prime Minister’s returned to be cheerleaders for the country with others doing the work. May was a detail fanatic disaster. At least Boris has lived a life.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I’m proud to say I voted Boris. He will be great.

It’s time our Prime Minister’s returned to be cheerleaders for the country with others doing the work. May was a detail fanatic disaster. At least Boris has lived a life.

Having read some of your posts on this thread, that comes as no surprise whatsoever :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here