Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Most assists blah blah blah
Most goals blah blah blah.

Someone please acknowledge the fact that 6 and 2 are still really piss poor amounts.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Someone please acknowledge the fact that 6 and 2 are still really piss poor amounts.

Let's stick with the 0/0s and the like though - I'm sure they'll become 10+/10+s overnight.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's been acknowledged by many posters.

I am not sure I have seen you acknowledge 0 and 0 from a record signing is diabolically shit though.

Oh it's here, I promise you.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Completely ignoring the stats for the other players we've retained, which are far, far worse.

And also, considering how many minutes he played, where we finished and our lack of decent strikers,it's not too bad. Better than some 'star' players from other clubs.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Transfermarkt have a fun stat - points per match played (ppm).*

Our wide players, for the 2018/19 PL matches, in descending order:

1. Izquierdo - 794 minutes played - 1.40 points per match (the best of all our players)
  2. Jahanbakhsh - 1,022 minutes - 0.95 ppm
  3. March - 2,472 minutes - 0.94 ppm
  4. Locadia - 1,228 minutes - 0.81 ppm
  5. Knockaert - 1,831 minutes - 0.80 ppm
The average ppm for all players was 0.95

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bri...ungsdaten/verein/1237/plus/1?reldata=GB1&2018

*(Unsure if this is weighted for the time played in each match, I don't think it is but I can't be arsed to work it out)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Edit. Too slow, same post as everyone else.

Yep.

I'll suggest the club believe more (less would be a tough ask) can be squeezed out of Ali.
While in 2 season's AK has shown nothing to suggest he'll kick on beyond the odd goal and a few assists.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yep.

I'll suggest the club believe more (less would be a tough ask) can be squeezed out of Ali.
While in 2 season's AK has shown nothing to suggest he'll kick on beyond the odd goal and a few assists.

Whereas Locadia in a season and a half has? I'm struggling here to keep up with your logic...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Knockaert 2017/18 - 1 assist and 3 goals
Knockaert 2018/19 - 6 assists and 2 goals

Dare I suggest that here's some indication there that he was "kicking on"...

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Yep.

He might have flourushed in a less defensive- minded team. We'll never know.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Yep.

Few inconsistencies here, Shirley? How come Knockaert is thrown under the bus despite improving his stats, yet Alireza gets a pass despite not actually registering any stats other than games played?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
These loan deals are complex nowadays. I would bet my house on it not being a straight forward loan then fee next summer. Clubs are getting more and more inventive in their payment plans to try and balance the books. Even the Lukaku deal saw Inter proposing instalments over about 5 seasons. Clubs VERY often are still 'paying' for players who have subsequently moved on. I remember Leeds were paying for Robbie Fowler WAY after he had left.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if we have received an OK fee this summer and then the £10m or whatever it is going forward as of next summer. The club will also have factored in that we are now saving a BIG commitment to wages over the next 3 years of AKs contract (If he was on 35k a week that is about £5.5m saved?) and also the fact that he would have been 30 by the end of his next deal. Wingers in their 30's are not an attractive buying option.

Sure, it doesn't have the beauty of a lovely "Here's £20m", but I'm sure we haven't done THAT badly out of it.

Personally, although gutted, it felt like it might JUST be the right time for him to go. I'm sure he will be brilliant in that division again and I'd love to see it.
£10 million next summer would help a relegated albion's Championship FFP and may mean one less player sold.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Has anyone mentioned how far we’ve come since the sale of the Goldstone on this thread yet? :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here