Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] We’re the moon landings sexist?

Were the moon landings sexist?

• Yes

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • No

Votes: 30 73.2%

• Total voters

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Just watching the documentary on the first moon landing on C4. Seems it’s causing something of a twitter storm and outrage, particularly amongst young people of the sexism of the landing. How there is no feminism talked of and everything is referred to a ‘man’ by Armstrong and the NASA team.

So were the moon landings sexist?

Yes, because men are better, end. When was the last time a woman took down a Bin Laden type character?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Just watching the documentary on the first moon landing on C4. Seems it’s causing something of a twitter storm and outrage, particularly amongst young people of the sexism of the landing. How there is no feminism talked of and everything is referred to a ‘man’ by Armstrong and the NASA team.

So were the moon landings sexist?

No, certainly not!

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Millenials can **** off

put em on the first exploratory 15 year one way trip into another galaxy ... best make sure it’s inclusive crew though and one that reflects today’s modern society. It will need to be some whopping spaceship though, just think one of each binary, one of each colour, one of each creed, one of each meat eater, veggie, vegan. One of each ..........

oh and when they arrive at whatever far flung planet they will all have to step on it all together so a large platform wide enough for them all to stand side by side holding hands and on the count of 1, 2 , jump

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
They were just almost entirely white men, which is why people are getting so angry and upset about how we can celebrate it today.

Well naturally they would be almost entirely men of European backgrounds given that's who developed the technology that lead to the achievement.

So we can't celebrate things Europeans did now?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Yes, Yes it was! glaringly obvious as Apollo 11 was the shape of a big knob, thus sending an image of manhood into space!

Disgusting.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Well naturally they would be almost entirely men of European backgrounds given that's who developed the technology that lead to the achievement.

So we can't celebrate things Europeans did now?

I don't think we should let a few people on twitter decide what we can and can't celebrate.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I am sure the millennials would feel much better if Hitler had worn a skirt

The funny thing is, whilst everyone is bashing those pesky millennials, everyone is conveniently forgetting who raised them... products of their environment and all that...

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
put em on the first exploratory 15 year one way trip into another galaxy ... best make sure it’s inclusive crew though and one that reflects today’s modern society. It will need to be some whopping spaceship though, just think one of each binary, one of each colour, one of each creed, one of each meat eater, veggie, vegan. One of each ..........

oh and when they arrive at whatever far flung planet they will all have to step on it all together so a large platform wide enough for them all to stand side by side holding hands and on the count of 1, 2 , jump

Definitely need a new flag too, certainly not a :unclesam: perhaps :safeway:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The funny thing is, whilst everyone is bashing those pesky millennials, everyone is conveniently forgetting who raised them... products of their environment and all that...

Indeed, it's funny but i hear all this about how shocking the millenials and Gen Zs are but when ever i meet one they just seem like normal people. I can't help but wonder if our opinions of them are formed because of the platform they use to express themselves. We know that the NSC forum platform can bring out the worst in some of us (myself included). I am not sure we would be able to pick out the knobhead millenials from all the other knobheads on twitter.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I vote that feminists be allowed to go to the moon.

As soon as possible and for an indefinite amount of time.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
It just goes to show how much the wider world has disappeared up its own rectum that this question has been asked...

1969. A time when the USA was racist, sexist and homophobic - as was the rest of the world. As people have said, it was 'of it's time'

Fast forward to 2069 and I'm sure there'll be a thread on here asking 'Was not having a Gender Fluid Queen Homophobic?'

To all those Gen Z's and Millennials with lots of time on their hands to be able to worry about this so much, I will advise you that this will all mean a lot less to you when you have a full-time job and a mortgage...

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Indeed, it's funny but i hear all this about how shocking the millenials and Gen Zs are but when ever i meet one they just seem like normal people. I can't help but wonder if our opinions of them are formed because of the platform they use to express themselves. We know that the NSC forum platform can bring out the worst in some of us (myself included). I am not sure we would be able to pick out the knobhead millenials from all the other knobheads on twitter.

Well put. Some people are just entitled and social media has given them a platform to spout off. Belonging to a particular generation has little to do with it. But such sensible discussions should be discouraged and we should all go back to bashing those damn kids! :wrong:

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
This is great bombing by Crodo.

Yep - the moon landings were sexist. So was Vietnam - after all how many women were on the front line fighting the Viet Cong?

It’s great comparing two different worlds

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pickles

May 5, 2014
What do you do if you see a spaceman?

You park in it, man.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Unfortunately those making the noise seem to forget that at the time the Cold War was under way and NASA was very much in league with the military.

So as much as these other people push their silly ideas on the subject NASA were never going to select people from anywhere but their own military ranks for the mission.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thousands of people whose names will never be known worked on those projects and made them a success.
Indeed.
They haven't been written out of the story
They have by crodo, who claimed that 'white men exclusively undertook this project'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here