Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk to Leicester City?

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
The only reason Leicester are mentioned is because it's their player going to Man Utd. At what point do you stop? "Brighton have lined up blah from Sligo Rovers as a replacement, Sligo Rovers have lined up blah from..."
Crikey....I never thought we would be mentioned in the same sentence as Blah from Sligo...is he any better than Trialist from Dundalk???

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
And it's written by Damian Burchardt, who is described as a 'digital sports reporter' - ie someone fresh of a sports journalism course who is paid peanuts to recycle made-up transfer rumours. If Paul Jiggins or Dave Kidd or even Tom Barclay had been by-lined above this story I'd give it some credence. As it is, as you were ...

To be fair Tom Barclay has tweeted that he understands Leicester will 'pursue" a move for Dunk if Maguire transfer goes through .
But thats very different from his colleagues "set to join".

[tweet]1150406332471808001[/tweet]

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
If true gives us the opportunity to bring in a ball playing defender to fit in with Potter's style

Dunk is/was an absolute warrior alongside Duffy. They were the 'batman wings' of our team with arms, legs, arses, heads and any other available appendage being thrown into stopping the ball getting near the goal.

Maybe Potter wants a different style of defender, in which case Dunk could stay (and learn another element to his game) or go, and we get a ready-made Potteresque style player to fit straight in?

Who knows. It's all ifs, whys and wherefores. We haven't played a single game under GP yet!

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
If true gives us the opportunity to bring in a ball playing defender to fit in with Potter's style

Are ball playing defenders better than defenders with out a ball then?...I'm confused...why would you want to play football if you didnt want the ball!!!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
To be fair Tom Barclay has tweeted that he understands Leicester will 'pursue" a move for Dunk if Maguire transfer goes through .
But thats very different from his colleagues "set to join".
https://twitter.com/TomBarclay_/status/1150406332471808001

And they might well pursue it. But of course that will mean dealing with Tony Bloom, who turned down bids for Stephens, Knockaert and Dunk three summers ago. And that was when Stephens was in the final year of his contract and even put in a transfer request. Interesting times ...

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I don’t think Dunk will go. But, if he does, this summer would make the most sense.
A more attacking style would/will see him under even more pressure this season and, likely, our goals against column much inflated: thus decreeasing his potential desirability.
Guy has been an absokute hero to stick around and elevate his colleagues for the all this time and has my blessing to decide what’s best for his future.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
If he goes. He goes. I just don’t want it to drag on and we’re left short for the season. Alternatively, if he wants to go and doesn’t. Don’t want to see a stroppy player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
My reading of the situation is this: a) We don't have a financial need to sell Dunk; b) Player is on a very long contract; c) Player appears to be very happy at the Albion - he recognises that he's valued by the club, and has publicly spoken about relishing the prospect of captaincy. All of the above places us in a very strong position. Bloom will only sell if the offer is for a ridiculously large sum of money and Dunk indicates that he'd be interested in a new challenge.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
And they might well pursue it. But of course that will mean dealing with Tony Bloom, who turned down bids for Stephens, Knockaert and Dunk three summers ago. And that was when Stephens was in the final year of his contract and even put in a transfer request. Interesting times ...

If the Dunk transfer does go ahead and at 45m that'll make Dunk the fifth most expensive centre back of all time (Maguire would be the most expensive assuming it happens).

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
That article says Dunk deal agreed at £45m. Is it? Really? If so, great price, but I must say I am surprised. Then again, if Leicester already know they are getting £60m + £20m, I.e. Maguire fee agreed, then I suppose it is possible Tony may have already agreed Dunky’s fee.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
My reading of the situation is this: a) We don't have a financial need to sell Dunk; b) Player is on a very long contract; c) Player appears to be very happy at the Albion - he recognises that he's valued by the club, and has publicly spoken about relishing the prospect of captaincy. All of the above places us in a very strong position. Bloom will only sell if the offer is for a ridiculously large sum of money and Dunk indicates that he'd be interested in a new challenge.

All of that is right, I think. And I'd add to that the fact that neither he nor his agent have been agitating for a move and he has just got engaged. I'm not sure sun-loving Abi would fancy Leicestershire.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
If we could Squeeze to 45m then got to say that’s a great deal , Especially if reinvested into the starting 11.

Let’s face it . Dunk will 28 in a few months . He prob only had the next 3 windows to move to a big club challenging for trophies and enhance Engkand prospects . To get absolute top money for him it’s the next 2 windows really .

Be sad to see him go but would always get a cheer when he comes back .

I just have niggling doubts how much money would be given to GP.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Andy Naylor tweet:

Strange stuff going on with this Dunk to Leicester story.
Somebody seems to be pushing for it.
Can only tell what I know from reliable sources at this end, club + close to player.
Can't say 100 per cent won't happen.
Can say much of the info on it thus far is misleading. #bhafc

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Is that what you think or is that a rumour?

It has been mentioned on t'internet somewhere that we may have been one of the Prem teams that were interested, but I have followed his career since his Pompey days as he played in the same team as my youngest when they were very young lads. Seem to remember he went from Pompey to Ipswich and our new recruit Matt Clarke went the other way.
He's a highly regarded ball playing CH and was Bristol City's player of the year, last season.
So really, it's just what I think, but what do I know!
Google him, there's quite a lot of info.:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here