Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Spitfire squadron over Worthing at 16.04h today

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I suspect that most of the residents think we are still at war with Germany and that if we are not then we should be!

I get the feeling some of them are still afraid to try yoghurt, let alone curry. :shrug:

[MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION]

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
They were probably tempted to bomb Lancing.

That may have been the case, but I took the heads up of this fly past as verbatim went up onto Lancing hill where I meet a number of individuals out walking and eagerly told them that this fly past was about to take place, this little group stood expectantly with its numbers growing as more a more walkers joined us as the time reached 14:04 we listerned out for the drone of Merlin engines, sadly nothing it was about this point I thought I had been duped and I had innocently duped quite a large crowd, I relocated myself to the edge and quietly slipped into the trees leaving mumbling of where's that guy gone!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
That may have been the case, but I took the heads up of this fly past as verbatim went up onto Lancing hill where I meet a number of individuals out walking and eagerly told them that this fly past was about to take place, this little group stood expectantly with its numbers growing as more a more walkers joined us as the time reached 14:04 we listerned out for the drone of Merlin engines, sadly nothing it was about this point I thought I had been duped and I had innocently duped quite a large crowd, I relocated myself to the edge and quietly slipped into the trees leaving mumbling of where's that guy gone!

Meeting up with a number of individuals and sidling off into the woods? Sounds like a fun day!

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

Think you must have misread the time. It was 16.04 apparently.

Fountainhead

Jan 31, 2011
Herts
DED73176-ED0A-44C5-B433-B7CC6E847A78.jpeg

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
An engine well known to my Dad, who used to fly Shackletons.

Merlin v Griffon at Beachy Head:

Thanks for that - lovely to see and compare. My uncle flew Stirlings and Halifaxes (so, Merlins and Bristol Hercules) in the war, but I'm pretty sure it was Spitfires he wanted to fly really. My old man remembers watching the Battle of Britain fought out over Brighton; we were once up by Varndean and he said he used to see dogfights taking place below the school there as they chased around at low altitude over the town. Hard to imagine these days.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Thanks for that - lovely to see and compare. My uncle flew Stirlings and Halifaxes (so, Merlins and Bristol Hercules) in the war, but I'm pretty sure it was Spitfires he wanted to fly really. My old man remembers watching the Battle of Britain fought out over Brighton; we were once up by Varndean and he said he used to see dogfights taking place below the school there as they chased around at low altitude over the town. Hard to imagine these days.

My nan told me a similar thing when she was at St Lukes school. She told me that she could see the pilot's face.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here