Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Are you watching and enjoying the Women’s World Cup?

Are you watching the Women’s World Cup?

• Total voters

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
VAR is fun.

This is the first game of the WWC I have looked at. I am impressed by the English passing and good football tactics, but Cameroon were perhaps making us look good as they are clearly rubbish. It was all a bit boring, like a hopelessly mismatched friendly game. But then VAR stepped in and provided great entertainment. I am pretty sure that VAR should not be taking centre stage like this, it should be a quick enhancement for important decisions. There is only one winner here, unless the implementation of VAR is much improved, it will be MOM on more ocassions than any other outfield player in the PL next year. VAR is an appalling device that will kill most of the diminishing joy of football.

Last edited:

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
And the ref doesn’t give the penalty even though it clearly was a foul in the area.

VAR is a farce.

You can guarantee it would have been given up the other end. Ref has lost this game completely.

No one even appealed for the foul in the first place. Each team should be allowed 1 VAR per half, if used correctly then they keep their one VAR appeal. The way everything is reviewed is bollocks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
You can guarantee it would have been given up the other end. Ref has lost this game completely.

No one even appealed for the foul in the first place. Each team should be allowed 1 VAR per half, if used correctly then they keep their one VAR appeal. The way everything is reviewed is bollocks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

That would be a much better approach, this is ludicrous.

The directive to not put the flag up straight away for offside isnt helping either.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Its not the mile or cm its the time its taking using computers to measure little lines on the pitch. watching the replay over and over again....its pathetic.
Goal line technology is INSTANT......

Problem it has created is that in non-contentious issues such as offside VAR has to be correct whether 1cm or 1m.

Contentious issues such as fouls will still be debated as it's still remains an officials opinion.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Cameron player pushes the girl off the pitch into the coach whilst stamping on her and the ref gives nothing. Staggering.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Cameroon with the most menstrual performance in world cup history.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
FIFA need to make sure the laws of the game are sent to all nations prior to them being allowed to compete.

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
I can’t believe the referee ever took an exam, surely they just picked her up off the street, comfortably the worst refereeing performance I’ve ever seen at any level from under 5’s to the premier league. Phil Neville is absolutely right in what he’s saying now. Very poor and Cameroon were allowed to get away with murder.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well I must say that was really entertaining. Plenty of talking points, drama, thuggery and rubbish refereeing. Hats off to the England team keeping calm with all that mayhem going on around them.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
keeganbremner.jpg
Feel sorry for Cameroon and Scotland
Bring Back 70's Football Rules

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports