Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Davy Propper: Record midfield signing from PSV - OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
This is the one I've been waiting for, higher priority than even a striker. Never watched him play but his credentials and write-ups seem very encouraging. The fee seems varied, from 3.5M to 15M but whatever price he seems like a quality signing.

Anyone able to offer a qualified opinion on how Propper compares to our previous targets?

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Most here seem to think a decent striker is the number one priority (/area for improvement). Why do you disagree?

I think they are both equally important. Ball retention and forward passing is something really lack. With Norwood out on loan, it could be argued that a centre midfield signing is more urgent than a striker based on the number of available players.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
This is the one I've been waiting for, higher priority than even a striker. Never watched him play but his credentials and write-ups seem very encouraging. The fee seems varied, from 3.5M to 15M but whatever price he seems like a quality signing.

Anyone able to offer a qualified opinion on how Propper compares to our previous targets?

Just a guess , but I don't think he was an original target , possibly out of our league so to say .

But with PSV going out of Europe unexpectedly he's suddenly available and we've pounced.

Maybe the Neto deal falling through was a blessing in disguise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I think they are both equally important. Ball retention and forward passing is something really lack. With Norwood out on loan, it could be argued that a centre midfield signing is more urgent than a striker based on the number of available players.

You could also argue that signing a quality midfielder may make signing a top striker easier?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Most here seem to think a decent striker is the number one priority (/area for improvement). Why do you disagree?

I'm with [MENTION=33924]Nixonator[/MENTION] on this. A striker is important, but if we're lacking quality and depth in the engine room we could put Messi up front and he'd be wasted because he'd never see the ball.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
2 o clock announcement I reckon.

Yeah , BREAKING NEWS on the hour .

Or maybe 2:30 , after they've stopped talking about Arsenal and Chelsea for the millionth time today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Because we sent Norwood on loan and have 3x centre midfielders, one who is struggling to recapture the form of 2 seasons ago and prone to injury and another who is combative but age is slowly getting the better of him. That's alot of pressure on Stephens, he needs a quality box-to-box as a partner. During our pre-season we look very dangerous on the flanks especially with Gross who overloads either side and Murray and Hemed will score goals from that quality as well as from set pieces. Where we have been lacking is in CM in my opinion, especially in the last 2/3 pre-season games.

That is not me trying to suggest we don't need a striker as well, but if you gave me a choice of a marquee CM vs marquee striker i'd take the CM all day long.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here