Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player Ratings - Burnley (H)

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
If we graded the first 25 mins it would be 4 all round very poor but we improved after that so

Ryan 6
Webster 7
Duffy 7
Dunk7
Burn 6
Gross 6
Stephens 8 MOM
Propper 7.5
March 7
Maupay 7
Murray 6
Subs N/A

Stephens 8 and MOM?! Better than Webster, Propper, March and Gross?! Are you sure?!

You simply could not have been watching the same match as nearly everyone else.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I guess we all see things differently but IMHO Gross had a great game with a lot of the ball going through him. Pröpper has a good game as well.

You’re right in that we all see things differently - I genuinely felt Gross had a very average game today. He saw enough of the ball but I didn’t feel he created much at all and his lack of pace and inability to make a tackle really exposes him at times playing in a midfield 3 alongside Propper & Stephens. I really want to see Mooy get a run of games instead of Gross.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You’re right in that we all see things differently - I genuinely felt Gross had a very average game today. He saw enough of the ball but I didn’t feel he created much at all and his lack of pace and inability to make a tackle really exposes him at times playing in a midfield 3 alongside Propper & Stephens. I really want to see Mooy get a run of games instead of Gross.

Again, I guess we see things differently as Gross wasnt alongside Pröpper and Stephen but played slightly ahead of them IMHO. And there was numerous good balls and crosses from him. The most obvious one was his square ball for Murray’s shot at the end of the first half.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
A special mention for the poor fourth official who had to spend the entire game dealing with that horrible **** Sean Dyche.

Has anyone else noted that Dyche picks his nose all the time and then wipes it on his bald head? Disgusting man.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

I’ve been told from a Hudds mate that Mooy’s loan beyond Jan is conditional on him playing a certain percentage of games for us.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I’ve been told from a Hudds mate that Mooy’s loan beyond Jan is conditional on him playing a certain percentage of games for us.

He'll be gone then. Perhaps he was brought in, in case Bissouma didn't recover sufficiently.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
All over the place for 30 minutes looked like they had never played that formation before .

Ryan 6 Only had one save to make
Webster 7 collective wobble but settled he is growing nicely into the team
Duffy 7.5 stuck his head in a couple of times went down after heavy challenge from the keeper never any question that he would not get back up the man is a brick wall
Dunk 8 Growing into the captains role supporting and encouraging others on the field, under Potter he is being allowed to drive forward with the ball which is starting to be a key to many attacking moves
Burn 7 still not sure what role he was given part central defender, part wing back, part midfielder, part winger what ever it was he was everywhere must be a nightmare to play against but needs to work on his crossing
March 7.5 So far more consistent than last year and looks better as a wing back but yesterday reverted to his wingers role with two crosses that were fantastic the first Murray should have done better with the second result in a goal
Stephens 7.5 worked hard breaking up attacks winning tackles headers
Propper 8.5 class such an improvement from last year we are starting to see just how good he is
Gross 8 if he only had a bit of pace he could be a top top player but then again probably not with us he had a fine game
Maupay 7.5 grew into the game disappointed that he gave up chasing a couple of times but took his goal really
Murray 6 one really good snapshot which the keeper did well to knock it onto the post and he did his defensive duties well yesterday his first touch was not up to his usual standard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Ryan - 5
Webster - 6
Duffy - 6
Dunk - 7
Burn - 6
March - 8
Stephens - 6
Propper - 7
Gross - 7
Maupay - 7
Murray - 6

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
set up murray chance first half . set up maupay chance second half with a lovely outside of the foot ball in the channel

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
He'll be gone then. Perhaps he was brought in, in case Bissouma didn't recover sufficiently.

I have no idea how accurate his info is; other than it was given to me in good faith, and he thought that we'd made a great signing. Also, a 10 minute sub appearance may count, so who knows?

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean

I wondered if this might be the case - it’s not beneficial for him to come here and sit on the bench every week. I really think he needs a run in the team and it will be a waste if he doesn’t get the chance to show us how good we know he can be.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have no idea how accurate his info is; other than it was given to me in good faith, and he thought that we'd made a great signing. Also, a 10 minute sub appearance may count, so who knows?

There are only 20 Premier League sides.
At least 15 wouldn't touch Mooy with a bargepole.
Mooy probably wouldn't touch 2 of the remaining 5.

I find it hard to believe this deal was weighed down with conditions.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Lots of talk about Dunk’s passing not being on point but what about that tackle on Wood was it? (I was looking through my fingers at the time. When he was racing forward with just Ryan to beat.) Exquisite timing and how he got a foot to the ball in the last microsecond I’ll never know.?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Stephens 8 and MOM?! Better than Webster, Propper, March and Gross?! Are you sure?!

Stephens is the old boy’s favourite player, he normally gives him MOM no matter how he plays. I’d ignore his scores if you are looking for objective, unbiased opinion based on what actually happened.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Stephens is the old boy’s favourite player, he normally gives him MOM no matter how he plays. I’d ignore his scores if you are looking for objective, unbiased opinion based on what actually happened.

Some of the tackles that he put in were outstanding especially the one on Rodriguez so much so that even the people sitting around me who normally have a go at him were saying how good he was.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Based off of watching on dazn. 6 being average.

Ryan 6: Nothing to do. Absolutely nothing. And yet still conceded. Not much he could do about it though.

Webster 7: Grew into the game. Hopefully will get better the mre he plays.
Dunk 6: Not his best game.
Duffy 7: He Duffied his way through the game.

March 7: Poor on the right, good on the left.
Stephens 7: Solid if unspectacular.
Propper 7.5: At times beautiful to watch. Helped knit attacks together.
Burn 6: Not a wing back. Or left back.

Gross 8: MOTM. Creator in chief imo. Linked up with everyone really well, Burnley couldn't deal with him despite being the second slowest player on the pitch.
Murray 5: A game to forget.
Maupay 7: Nicely taken goal.

Collectively we were a 3 for the first 15 minutes.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Ryan 6
Webster 8 MOTM
Duffy 6
Dunk 7
Burn 6
Gross 6
Stephens 7
Propper 7
March 7
Maupay 7
Murray 6

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Couldn’t disagree more :lolol: His delivery was awful. March and Bernardo way ahead of him for that role when everyone is fit. Left side of a three yes. Wing back no.
In previous games he has shown he can cross the ball better than March or Bernardo. Yesterday his crossing was poor. I guess the way I would look at it is do you want Duffy & Webster to play or just one of them. I still prefer to see Duffy as he is our physically strongest player and needed in games like yesterday. Not sure what Webster would be like as a right wing back, as you can see I don't think k Montoya is very good at crossing. One point I would say is he needs to puck a settled team soon as the changes can't be helping.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wasnt Montoya ruled out with an injury? I must admit I wasnt impressed with Webster but in fairness he started off very poor but got better as the game went on. and by the time of the last 15 mins was ok.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here