Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England vs Australia, Ashes 4th test - Old Trafford

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Jason Roy in :lolol:

Anyone care to ponder a reason why a night watchman or even 2 werent used??

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Well done Root yet again.

For the dismissal or the decision not to send out nightwatchmen? I just can’t believe they didn’t send a night watchman in they did against Ireland late on in the warm up test but not in this match? It’s disgraceful, if the option was given to the batsman and they didn’t take it that’s equally as ridiculous.

Can’t lay much blame on him for getting out to that delivery, was one of the best deliveries I’ve seen

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
For the dismissal or the decision not to send out nightwatchmen? I just can’t believe they didn’t send a night watchman in they did against Ireland late on in the warm up test but not in this match? It’s disgraceful, if the option was given to the batsman and they didn’t take it that’s equally as ridiculous.

Isn’t there still a potential 50 minutes of play? That’s a long time to send a night watchman.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Isn’t there still a potential 50 minutes of play? That’s a long time to send a night watchman.

Even if they lasted 5 overs, at least they’d have been the ones getting their stumps flattened not our most important batsman, it’s a terrible decision not to send one out IMO.

Roots captaincy today has been poor.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green

Can’t lay much blame on him for getting out to that delivery, was one of the best deliveries I’ve seen

Agree but his overall performance in this series is way down where he should be and clearly effects him . Not sure we have to many captains In The squad as most of them wants binning but looks like we got to go back to the drawing board

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It was the rain that created circumstances in which we were the team that could win.

Australia have annihilated us in every single department this summer. Archer and Stokes are the only two players of ours they would want.

It's simply not fair, they are better than us at batting, and bowling.... we are doomed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here