Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Tony Bloom's horses running thread

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Also, old favourite Flaming Spear declared for the G2 Lennox Stakes at Glorious Goodwood (3.00).

May well have a bit each-way on him, even though he's yet to win above Listed class. First run of the season but he's gone well fresh in the past (including close 5th in the Royal Hunt Cup on debut last year). Career-best in handicaps was over this track & trip when he bolted up off 104. Every chance he will get the strong pace he needs too despite the smallish field. Can get 20-1 with PP at the mo.

:bounce:

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Persuaded the wife to open a sky bet account and use her free £10 bet at 12/1 to win lol never going to hear the last of it ,if it wins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last Summer

well f*ck a duck!
Jun 12, 2008
The Hill
Anyone else playing on Stratum today?
6/1 second fav now only half a point behind the favourite. They were 7/2 and 14/1 respectively only 4 days ago! Tony must be playing, expect a new striker to be announced next week if Stratum wins :albion2:

In the 4.55 Galway today around 10's.
Skybet paying 6 places - so worth an e/w flutter.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Flaming Spear and Librisa Breeze are both running in the group 2 Hungerford Steaks at Newbury this afternoon at 15:35. Both look to have it all to do with FS being 12/1 and LB the 22/1 rag. The going will probably suit them but the class of the opposition not so much.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Flaming Spear and Librisa Breeze are both running in the group 2 Hungerford Steaks at Newbury this afternoon at 15:35. Both look to have it all to do with FS being 12/1 and LB the 22/1 rag. The going will probably suit them but the class of the opposition not so much.

As usual with Uncle Tony's horses shall have a small bet ,as the times I've not they invariably win !

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

With only 7 runners, would be rude not to have a small each way on each. And - dare to dream! - a tiny wee reverse forecast. Stranger things have happened. Trebles all round if THAT comes in :clap:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
With only 7 runners, would be rude not to have a small each way on each. And - dare to dream! - a tiny wee reverse forecast. Stranger things have happened. Trebles all round if THAT comes in :clap:

Being a horse betting thickie I take it as 7 runners only two placed ?

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Interestingly some money around for Flaming Spear after that promising comeback run at Goodwood.. now 9’s from 12’s...

Does anybody on here sit near to the Directors box at the Amex? If yes and you see him head up to his lounge at 3.30pm, please would you kindly share on NSC so that we all have time to lump on before the 3.35pm off....

Cheers :albion2:

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
One to keep an eye on is the big Ebor Handicap at York this coming Saturday... my old favourite Withhold was 10/1 third fav this morning on 365 but having checked this evening he’s now in to 8/1 second fav.

Final confirmations are tomorrow. This is a seriously valuable handicap (richest in Europe) with a cool £1m for the winner.. listening to the trainer this sounds like this seasons big target rather than the Melbourne cup... although he’s gone up a fair bit in the weights with his recent winning streak, he always seems to pull it out of the bag.

I’ll be getting involved again and keeping a keen eye on his price to see if Uncle Tony is getting involved too.... :albion2:

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
One to keep an eye on is the big Ebor Handicap at York this coming Saturday... my old favourite Withhold was 10/1 third fav this morning on 365 but having checked this evening he’s now in to 8/1 second fav.

Final confirmations are tomorrow. This is a seriously valuable handicap (richest in Europe) with a cool £1m for the winner.. listening to the trainer this sounds like this seasons big target rather than the Melbourne cup... although he’s gone up a fair bit in the weights with his recent winning streak, he always seems to pull it out of the bag.

I’ll be getting involved again and keeping a keen eye on his price to see if Uncle Tony is getting involved too.... :albion2:

We’re in to 6/1 favourite now.. so there must be some money down from somewhere...
He’s the top weight, so the handicapper reckons he’s the best horse in the race but has a low draw to overcome.

£600k in prize money to the winner, race is off at 3:40pm so surely Tony will be sliding off early for his halftime cuppa to watch this one.... Can someone email Barber and ask if he’ll put it on the concourse ???
Come on Withhold, another pillar to post job please :albion2:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Somehow I managed to get 16/1 ante post some weeks ago.
We can see TB from our seat. I'll have to try and watch his reaction at 3.45

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
We’re in to 6/1 favourite now.. so there must be some money down from somewhere...
He’s the top weight, so the handicapper reckons he’s the best horse in the race but has a low draw to overcome.

£600k in prize money to the winner, race is off at 3:40pm so surely Tony will be sliding off early for his halftime cuppa to watch this one.... Can someone email Barber and ask if he’ll put it on the concourse ???
Come on Withhold, another pillar to post job please :albion2:

The draw in stall six is a concern for me. Eight of the last ten Ebor winners have been drawn in stall 15 or higher. Similar stats with places. The first four placings in the past five years have been filled by just four single-figure drawn runners. I'll probably still have a small win only bet out of blind loyalty. Won't be remortgaging anything.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Assuming I don't forget !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here