Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia Today

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If I could link the club twitter I’d post the long through ball that he hit first time forcing a very good save from the Fulham keeper. A moment that shows instant decision making and the ability to do what he wanted with the ball.

Disappointing as I expect Albion players to need to control the ball before shooting :wink:

What is this shooting of which you speak ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I often pick a random page on this long abusive threads just to see what's what.

I landed on page 8 containing this link:-

https://streamja.com/0e6j

happy dayz.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If I could link the club twitter I’d post the long through ball that he hit first time forcing a very good save from the Fulham keeper. A moment that shows instant decision making and the ability to do what he wanted with the ball.

Disappointing as I expect Albion players to need to control the ball before shooting :wink:

He actually scuffed that and should have done better (sorry Icy).

Was the pick of our players as I said, but whilst it was positive he took it early and got a degree of direction on it, anything firmer/cleaner probably would have gone in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
See what I mean [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] :rolleyes: :yawn:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Sadly for him and Ali in many posters eyes they will forever be consigned to the 'get rid' section of the squad, in the team they support.

It really doesn't matter what either of them do from this point onwards.

On the plus side there are others who initially wanted them to succeed but the enthusiasm was tempered by what actually happened on the pitch. Now they want the signings to take the opportunity to shine, and give all of us a great season. But you carry on knowing everything.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just hoping the transfer window SLAMS shut before Man City or Liverpool swoop in for big Jurgen and Ali J.
We can sell to a lot of Europe after our window shuts - moves to Barcelona or Munich still possible until September 2nd...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It’s a big season for you two.

This ones mine, I'm so so so sorry Big Jurg!

Ali's all Icy's work.

I still reckon one of us will be very right and t'other nearly right, which is plenty good enough for me irrespective which way that's sliced.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He actually scuffed that and should have done better (sorry Icy).

Was the pick of our players as I said, but whilst it was positive he took it early and got a degree of direction on it, anything firmer/cleaner probably would have gone in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tough crowd (but we already know this :smile:)

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Completely with you on this, we’ve been saying exactly the same when he’s played. Some of his passes and positioning/movement off the ball are excellent - problem last season is that everything slowed down around him, and sometimes his thinking appeared too quick for the others. I’ll happily stand against the wall with you when the flaming starts if he doesn’t look like a completely different player in a fluid attacking environment with other players more on his wavelength. We already know he looks like a bloody good finisher when given the chance.

Spot on. I've seen a few times where he's opened up a defence with a first time pass or a quick layoff. His team mates haven't always been expecting it.

The problem is that for every good bit of play is balanced by him tripping over the ball or miss controlling and some people only seem to remember the bad bits.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Spot on. I've seen a few times where he's opened up a defence with a first time pass or a quick layoff. His team mates haven't always been expecting it.

The problem is that for every good bit of play is balanced by him tripping over the ball or miss controlling and some people only seem to remember the bad bits.
I agree but also recognise that there have been quite a few bad bits so the criticism to date hasn't been unwarranted.

Hopefully the change in management and tactics will allow him to perform to his best. I certainly hope so.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
I’m here to be bounced...faster footballing brain than most of the side. Watch out for perfectly timed quick and simple passes when we attack and he is closed down. Locadia is a much much better player than so many give him credit for and we’ll see the player we paid so much for flourish this season.

I guess what I’m saying is that I totally disagree with you regarding his decision making.

Well, I think a few of our players will look like new signings when directed to play attacking football. Propper in an more advanced role, Jurgs needs those through balls and I personally believe Propper has the vision to provide those balls. Get Ali and Trossard on the wings and told to get up more may produce more goals.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Sadly for him and Ali in many posters eyes they will forever be consigned to the 'get rid' section of the squad, in the team they support.

It really doesn't matter what either of them do from this point onwards.
I’d like to think it’s not as black and white as that. I’m very much in the ‘Locadia in’ camp, he’s got some good attributes, Alireza* on the other hand, well, I won’t bother typing it again.

*I will be delighted, of course, if he does actually turn into a player rather than an Instagram personality.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I'd say Jurgen has shown more in brief flashes than Ali J - who seems to glide around the pitch without influencing much at all. The goals Jurgen did score in his brief cameos and/or the shifts he put in on occasion up top away from home up against 6-7 top defenders on his own.. suggest to me, that maybe (with a more stretched opponent) he could create and score more goals at this level. His level of effort/desire will determine his success or otherwise, in this next and his last chance season for me... I still have my doubts, but less so than with Ali J.

At first he (Ali J) looked slightly off the pace but classy, and I was sure he'd explode into form... it just never happened, and (alas) he remains off the pace and I just can't see that changing :( It's a shame, but some signings just don't work out. Don't get me wrong, he can play a great cross field pass, but as a winger he's kind of impotent.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I’d like to think it’s not as black and white as that. I’m very much in the ‘Locadia in’ camp, he’s got some good attributes, Alireza* on the other hand, well, I won’t bother typing it again.

*I will be delighted, of course, if he does actually turn into a player rather than an Instagram personality.

Could we do a deal and swap him for an Oil Tanker ? at least the Tanker would have a turn of speed and be manoeuvrable ?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I'm in the opinion Locadia will be our MAIN striker this season, Andone and Murray back ups. But as Mr Potter is known as a tinkerman Big Jurge will soon be replaced by Andone or Murray depending on his success from the off. If we do land a striker I would imagine he would be part of the back up with Andone and Murray. Sorry but I can't see us splashing as much as 20 million to replace Locadia. If we land Maulpay he would be behind Locdia IMHO and have to fight for a starting place.
We didn't spend all that money on Locadia and Andone for them to rot on the bench. This year is a new season under a new manager.......they have a lot to prove.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here