Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] RIP Kit Napier

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I was there! I remember that bizarrely I had to go to a reserve game to get my ticket. It must have been the biggest attendance ever for such a match. Albion reserves versus Notts County with Frank Cronie (?) scoring the second half winner in a dull match.
Albion versus Chelsea? Albion went a goal down but came back and earned a draw; at the time Tommy Docherty's Chelsea was at the top of the 'First Division' so it was a big deal. Sadly we lost the replay at Stamford Bridge 4-0!

Lever - if you haven’t seen it have a look at a thread I opened yday, entitled “Photos - Brighton v Palace and Chelsea” or something like that. I’ll give it a bounce.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
There was a great poem in a collection called 'Goldstone Ghosts' that came out as part of the centenary celebrations called 'And ill be Kit Napier'

Has anyone got it ?

Do you still want this

Attachments

• KN 1.jpg
    KN 1.jpg
    616.6 KB · Views: 107

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Enjoyed reading these posts but still feeling low about 'losing' my childhood hero.....

I wonder if he reminisced with fondness about his time at the Albion.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Lever - if you haven’t seen it have a look at a thread I opened yday, entitled “Photos - Brighton v Palace and Chelsea” or something like that. I’ll give it a bounce.

I look forward to that!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
A nice piece on Kit Napier.

199068491.jpg.gallery.jpg

Kit Napier :clap2:

KIT Napier, who has died aged 75, was a Scottish footballer who found success at Brighton and Hove Albion, where he became one of their record-breaking goal scorers. However, as well as his ability to do the hardest thing in football – put the ball in the opposition's net regularly – he had something else that made him stand out: a memorable name. It helped make him a well-known player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here