Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Perhaps he wants to get in there and get stocked up before prices go up, panic buying ensues and any civil disorder breaks out?

You've got to make the best of a bad situation, and if we're going down the pan as a country lets do it in style, so to be perfectly honest if no deal happens I'm personally quietly looking forward to the latter, though we won't be able to sing 'you burnt your home town' at Palace anymore as we've been able to post 2011 riots.

Reading this sort of thing would give you the impression - if you didn't know better - that this country was in some sort of a pickle!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
in all seriousness what is this run going to be for: perishable goods, likely impacted by delays at port? or non perishables, which wouldn't be impacted by delays?
There is only any point in stockpiling foods which will last a long time. Once the supermarkets' own stockpiles are gone there will be impact.

Fresh food will be scarce for a while.

The head of Tescos said we will be fine if we are happy to live off spam and tinned peaches. I don't share his excessive optimism.

The MPs can stop this by voting for May's deal, of course.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
There is only any point in stockpiling foods which will last a long time. Once the supermarkets' own stockpiles are gone there will be impact.

The head of Tescos said we will be fine if we are happy to live off spam and tinned peaches. I don't share his excessive optimism.

There will only be shortages if people panic buy more than they need.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There will only be shortages if people panic buy more than they need.

You should tell that to the heads of the major supermarkets to put their minds at ease. You won't believe what those silly old sausages have been saying. Still what do they know ? :lolol:

(awaits Two profs post to say he likes Spam and Tinned peaches)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

"stockpiles" aka known as inventory, which will be replenished continuously. i know some want to believe there will be an effective blockade of ports, but reality is hours of delay to be processed.

all silly anyway, as we know there wont be no deal.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You should tell that to the heads of the major supermarkets to put their minds at ease. You won't believe what those silly old sausages have been saying :lolol:

they said there would be reduced choice, thats a large concern from them and their business driven by selling us 8 different types of a product. can we not live without Dr Oetker pizza for a week?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
they said there would be reduced choice, thats a large concern from them and their business driven by selling us 8 different types of a product. can we not live without Dr Oetker pizza for a week?

As people dial 999 when KFC shuts down due to supply problems - no.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
"stockpiles" aka known as inventory, which will be replenished continuously. i know some want to believe there will be an effective blockade of ports, but reality is hours of delay to be processed.

all silly anyway, as we know there wont be no deal.
But *no deal* happens automatically in just 35 days, and May is just engaged in theatrics going back again and again to Brussels.

MPs talk a good game about taking *no deal* off the table, but continually deliver nothing on this.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Not knowing who Dr Oetker is, I'll guess I probably can. I believe they are saying that introducing customs checks and tariffs as a result of no deal, would have far wider reaching effects than that.

Still, we are both in agreement that 'no deal' isn't going to happen, so luckily we will never have to find out :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What should be an interesting listen on the Jeremy Vine show, Jimmy Young interviewing Maggie Thatcher on the Common Market...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What should be an interesting listen on the Jeremy Vine show, Jimmy Young interviewing Maggie Thatcher on the Common Market...
Jeremy, trying to debate the point with his guests, likened a referendum to when Indiana Jones faced a man showing off his sword skills, and Indy shot him :facepalm:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Damn ! I really want some Spam now !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here