Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Remember the last time we played Millwall on a Sunday?

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Missed the home game as I was working but went to the second leg at the Den, even though I had front row seats for Joe Jackson that night. I remember it as Robinson's coming out party - am I wrong? I don't think he'd featured much before that night.

"Sheringham w@nk w@nk w@nk, Sheringham w@nk w@nk w@nk" I seem to remember.

HappyBoy

Feb 19, 2019
I was in charge of the pitch stewards that day and went up and stamped it out. Let shope there are no fires this time.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
Arguably Robert Codner’s finest 90 minutes in an Albion shirt.

Any chance one of the more technical minded NSC’ers could put the goals from the 1991 Play Off Semi on here please for all us 40 somethings?

Their fans wouldn’t leave after the game. They kept nicking the coppers helmets and setting them on fire!

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
That Ipswich and then Milwall game was incredible watching as an 8 year old in his first full season as an aLbion fan. The drama of Ipswich followed by the feeling of invincibility against Millwall. Notts County, Warnock and years of misery ensued.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I remember the great late Brian Moore’s commentary after our 4th goal at the Goldstone that day as a “Sunday afternoon stroll in the park”. I’d be happy with another one against Millwall!!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Memories from that game.

Chris Eubanks standing by the dugout as the players came out.

Stefan Lovan playing as a sweeper?

Getting battered by them until we got our first, they then capitulated.

The roars for each of our goals seemed louder than the last.

As an 8 year old it was my first full season as an Albion fan and I can honestly say that was the game when I knew I'd be a Brighton fan for the rest of my life.

And John Byrne (who got crocked in the Ipswich game, I think, and couldn’t play) walking across the pitch before the game to do a TV interview or something. Huge reception from the North Stand. Great days. Small and Byrne were a fantastic duo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
:thumbsup:, :thumbsup: and thrice :thumbsup:!

I watched that team play Bristol Rovers off the park in Bath that season. They really deserved to go up - damn Notts County for getting it all wrong! Oh, what might have been, eh?

I was at that game in Bath, and avoided a potential kicking simply down to the size of a mate I was with. We were walking back to the car after the match and I heard a group of 4 or 5 Bristol behind us and one said something like "Look, they're Brighton, lets have them" At which point one of his mates said "**** off, have you seen the size of that ****"

I've been eternally grateful to him ever since :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here