Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Frank Lampard's Derby Cup game - East Stand Upper + West Stand Upper OPEN

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
About 225 steps from the north end counted them a few times . Deep breathe head down and off u go good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm extremely OCD with steps. I simply cannot go up or down steps without counting them. Even to the point where if it is a set of steps I regularly use, I have to know if there are an odd or even number and remember it, as I have to take the last step with my left foot :lolol:

By the way, from the entrance in the corner by the North Stand up to the WSU concourse is 183 steps.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm extremely OCD with steps. I simply cannot go up or down steps without counting them. Even to the point where if it is a set of steps I regularly use, I have to know if there are an odd or even number and remember it, as I have to take the last step with my left foot :lolol:

By the way, from the entrance in the corner by the North Stand up to the WSU concourse is 183 steps.

Yep, considerably less, but of course only if you start at the coach park, otherwise you've still got to make the climb, just outside the stadium.

Last edited:

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green

Fair play my counting is off it’s a bloody lot though .

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007

Eh?
Are you sure?
I reckon it’s (around) 110.

But I have usually had a couple before climbing them so I might have missed a few.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Eh?
Are you sure?

But I have usually had a couple before climbing them so I might have missed a few.

You know what, you could well be right. Despite my steps fixation, that is one I can never remember (similarly due to beer intake). I'll report back on Saturday :lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Eh?
Are you sure?

My son and his mate count them every home game. And every time they get a different answer :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Those WSU stairs can be deeply irritating.

I'm no Kris Akabusi, but I can trot up them fairly rapidly without the need for oxygen at the top. The number of lumbering wheezing heffers you get stuck behind though, shuffling their way up, side-by-side, blocking the entire stairwell to everyone else stuck behind them, causing a logjam. You'd think they were climbing the north face of the Eiger, I half expect them to have their own Sherpa in tow.

Time for a new rule, like for the escalators in the underground. Wheezers stay on the right, leaving the left clear for the skippers.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Those WSU stairs can be deeply irritating.

I'm no Kris Akabusi, but I can trot up them fairly rapidly without the need for oxygen at the top. The number of lumbering wheezing heffers you get stuck behind though, shuffling their way up, side-by-side, blocking the entire stairwell to everyone else stuck behind them, causing a logjam. You'd think they were climbing the north face of the Eiger, I half expect them to have their own Sherpa in tow.

Time for a new rule, like for the escalators in the underground. Wheezers stay on the right, leaving the left clear for the skippers.

I had a season ticket in WSU for the first four seasons, and couldn’t help but snigger reading your post.

Nailed it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I had a season ticket in WSU for the first four seasons, and couldn’t help but snigger reading your post.

Nailed it.

Glad its not just me then.

It gets worse the closer you arrive to kickoff. When you're hoping to have time to sneak a swift social pint in before the game, but end up getting thwarted by a herd of asthmatic bovine dawdlers gradually hauling themselves towards the light.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Glad its not just me then.

It gets worse the closer you arrive to kickoff. When you're hoping to have time to sneak a swift social pint in before the game, but end up getting thwarted by a herd of asthmatic bovine dawdlers gradually hauling themselves towards the light.
As a confirmed WSU ABD I can only apologise. Others who find the ascent more of a challenge will be familiar with the process of ticking off the framed shirts as each flight is achieved and the unparalleled joy that arrives with a glimpse of the emerald green "Duffy's shirt"...

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
2300 available in the WSU. Oddly the number of Derby tickets for sale have increased by around 100

Slightly off topic, but I don't know where else to post it. I see that, like against West Brom, an enhanced railway service is offered, not the full matchday service, as for league games. Last time against WBA under an allegedly enhanced system the fast train from Hastings scheduled for 12.37 was cancelled and the later alternative had only 4 coaches, meaning that hundreds in Polegate and Berwick could not get on the train - it was so rammed by Eastbourne. If you are travelling from the East on Saturday, please check the daily timetable and don't assume that it will be as normal. It might be, of course, but then again it might not be and you could be the loser.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As a confirmed WSU ABD I can only apologise. Others who find the ascent more of a challenge will be familiar with the process of ticking off the framed shirts as each flight is achieved and the unparalleled joy that arrives with a glimpse of the emerald green "Duffy's shirt"...

:lolol:

WSU ABD. You've coined something there. An alternative Abd to what we're used to

2150 WSU tickets left this morning. I predict a mini rush today with around 1500 left by tea time.

If you can't manage the stairs tho there appears to be no other options. Mental (I dare not say idiotic) when you consider there could have been choices if the selling process was different.

Still a great attendance for an early TV game. Looking forward to this.....

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
[emoji38]ol:

WSU ABD. You've coined something there. An alternative Abd to what we're used to
Will give a new meaning to my fortnightly gasping pitstop next to Adam's Egypt shirt at Base Camp...

(Presumably you don't overly disapprove of us ABDs huddled together, sharing our Ventolin and ration packs, on the landings BETWEEN the flights of steps?)

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
If you can't manage the stairs tho there appears to be no other options.

Just been able to buy a ticket in E1A which is Easy Access Seating (there are 2 others still there) even though I'm not registered as needing it with the club so I reckon these seats and remaining wheelchair ones can be bought if anyone doesn't want the long climb up to West Upper?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here