Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace (A) Tickets

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
We gave them 2500 this season as opposed to 2000 (even though 2500 tried to get in) last season didn’t we ? I think it’s a reciprocal agreement in conjunction with the police etc.

Yes, I know about the agreements and all that. I was just wondering if this is the biggest allocation we’ve had in the last decade. Maybe both clubs are slightly increasing every season to a normal amount.

On the subject of reduced allocation, why give us the hundreds of restricted view seats at the back, when there is obviously better seats lower down and further across?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
A lot just don't fancy it. Horrible, ugly game. Terrible ground, awful facilities. Threat of trouble. Early kick off. Pubs shut.

You forgot to mention the probability of seeing some of our fans behaving like idiots. The last time I went and was marched back to the station our twats thought it fine to walk down the street smashing off virtually every wing mirror.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

You forgot to mention the probability of seeing some of our fans behaving like idiots. The last time I went and was marched back to the station our twats thought it fine to walk down the street smashing off virtually every wing mirror.

I've decided to go for the 1st time since the "5 penalty game".. and it is this aspect that has put me off and made me think really hard about this one..

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton

I think it's pretty much a certainty, rather than a probability. It's happened every time I've been there in the last few years, and it's embarrassing to say the least having to watch families who probably aren't Palace fans anyway, cowering in their windows as our lot strut their stuff down their streets vandalising cars, hurling wheelie bins into gardens etc.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
M
I think it's pretty much a certainty, rather than a probability. It's happened every time I've been there in the last few years, and it's embarrassing to say the least having to watch families who probably aren't Palace fans anyway, cowering in their windows as our lot strut their stuff down their streets vandalising cars, hurling wheelie bins into gardens etc.

Well, if this happens again, hopefully your club will identity those responsible , and ban them for life.
We don’t need local residents paying out again for all the damage caused by mindless thugs.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
M

Well, if this happens again, hopefully your club will identity those responsible , and ban them for life.
We don’t need local residents paying out again for all the damage caused by mindless thugs.

Last their seemed to be no vandalism around me while being kettled down to Thornton Heath the police did watch and at the station took out someone who had a piss. Also some Palace fans were also taken out who had been waiting inside a weird looking middle eastern restaurant. I think with the names on tickets (even though its outrageous) and selling to ST only, it removes a lot of the day trippers that are more likely to cause trouble. Lets hope its the same again this year, but a game more like the AMEX fixture.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Totally agree with you, pity your club don’t do the same with your chavs that attacked the Stewards and others fans, instead of rewarding them with better seats?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Like you haven't been there since the 5-0 trouncing but going this time as it can't be any worse than that game surely ???

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Nothing will be worse than that night at the Amex.. just reflecting that this fixture attracts too many idiots who make it unpleasant because you get lumped together with them.. that's the reason I haven't been for so long. Getting beaten at Selhurst by Palace is not a big deal to me and happens more often than not - to be expected really given their spend/squad - but to be there in the relatively unlikely event that we win would be great...idiots aside..

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Last their seemed to be no vandalism around me while being kettled down to Thornton Heath the police did watch and at the station took out someone who had a piss. Also some Palace fans were also taken out who had been waiting inside a weird looking middle eastern restaurant. I think with the names on tickets (even though its outrageous) and selling to ST only, it removes a lot of the day trippers that are more likely to cause trouble. Lets hope its the same again this year, but a game more like the AMEX fixture.

In previous years I’ve always gone by coach but this time I’m going by train. Do they always kettle the fans to Thornton Heath or are we allowed to make our own way to another station?

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Normally kettled back to Norwood Junction, last season a nice Police Officer let three of us out by the White Horse End and we just filtered in with the home fans.
I was back in my local pub in Caterham before my Palace friends.
So fine a nice understanding PC and you might be lucky.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Thank you. I’ll pretend I’m getting on a coach and then try and slip away.

There is a police cordon, so slipping away would be difficult. Having something you can say to persuade the police you have a reason to leave said cordon would be your best option. At the London stadium I did manage to evade a cordon by saying 'Oh I live there and pointing to a building' can you believe that worked.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
There is a police cordon, so slipping away would be difficult. Having something you can say to persuade the police you have a reason to leave said cordon would be your best option. At the London stadium I did manage to evade a cordon by saying 'Oh I live there and pointing to a building' can you believe that worked.

Perhaps you have a trustworthy face?
Normally I say I’m getting on the coach and get let through and get on the coach however I’ll keep the “I live there” as a plan B.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here