Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Emiliano Sala [signed by Cardiff, confirmed to have been on missing aircraft]

Hope they didn't suffer and the end was quick.
I imagine that would entirely depend on how the plane hit the water. Has it been confirmed that it was carrying a black box, because that could be crucial to preventing further such tragedies, considering that the passenger managed to message that the aircraft seemed to be falling apart (or similar expression).

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I imagine that would entirely depend on how the plane hit the water. Has it been confirmed that it was carrying a black box, because that could be crucial to preventing further such tragedies, considering that the passenger managed to message that the aircraft seemed to be falling apart (or similar expression).

They usually don't.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
It says 'video not available in your location', which is UK.

Not watched it but my boss has his own single plane. Flys to Sussex from where we are fairly regularly (Luxembourg) and said it’s absolutely normal to fly over water in such plane. He’s done it at night too but obviously the danger risk increases with no less visibility. He flew last year all the way to Russia with his one from Luxembourg for example (with several stops via Scandinavia). His view is flying over mountains is more dangerous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Wreckage believed to be from Salas plane has washed up on a beach on the Cotentin Peninsula in Normandy. A ship with sonar equipment is now being sent out to scan the sea bed as the authorities believe they now know the area he went down in. Lets hope they find the wreckage and his family can get some closure from this incredibly sad incident.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Not watched it but my boss has his own single plane. Flys to Sussex from where we are fairly regularly (Luxembourg) and said it’s absolutely normal to fly over water in such plane. He’s done it at night too but obviously the danger risk increases with no less visibility. He flew last year all the way to Russia with his one from Luxembourg for example (with several stops via Scandinavia). His view is flying over mountains is more dangerous.

I think it's normal if you fly yourself - you can take whatever risks you like. Less so when risking the lives of others.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I gather the plane was registered in the US, meaning it could not take passengers for profit. Hmmm.

There’s a much used loop hole with this though. If the pilot does not have a commercial license but is only to be paid “reasonable expenses” they can take passengers for money. It was said in the press the agent Willie McKay arranged this flight and often uses flights like this. I’d be interested to know how much the ”reasonable expenses” for this doomed flight were.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Wreckage believed to be from Salas plane has washed up on a beach on the Cotentin Peninsula in Normandy. A ship with sonar equipment is now being sent out to scan the sea bed as the authorities believe they now know the area he went down in. Lets hope they find the wreckage and his family can get some closure from this incredibly sad incident.

This. Minutes silence at Fulham immaculately respected.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Louis Cole few around the world (well, a mate flew him around the world) in a small single engine prop type plane, which included a stop at Shoreham. It's a decent series worth watching: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKdBO8TXUFBgtlP5bbVDs-8YMX5TWREr1

This is the episode which includes a stop off in, and various fly overs of Sussex: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t_n92Nuk4E

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
There’s a much used loop hole with this though. If the pilot does not have a commercial license but is only to be paid “reasonable expenses” they can take passengers for money. It was said in the press the agent Willie McKay arranged this flight and often uses flights like this. I’d be interested to know how much the ”reasonable expenses” for this doomed flight were.
The Times have had to apologise to him regarding his involvement.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

I think it's normal if you fly yourself - you can take whatever risks you like. Less so when risking the lives of others.

His wife (and sometimes daughters) are on board.

Probably wouldn't be my option, but I don't have the lifestyle to make those choices anyway. I imagine if I had a plane I'd take the wife and kids too, every now and again. But that Pilots website someone else posted had an awful lot pilots who opined that Sala's pilot took a risk.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I've met David Mearns who owns the ship scanning the sea bed. He's a brilliant man.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Cardiff v Bournemouth. First home game for Cardiff and yet no black arm bands. Is this because he may still be alive or it's been a while now and the club have paid their tributes?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Cardiff v Bournemouth. First home game for Cardiff and yet no black arm bands. Is this because he may still be alive or it's been a while now and the club have paid their tributes?

Regardless of the probability it's not really the club's place to confirm his death by the wearing of a black armband.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Sad as his disappearance is, I find the outporing of grief and the flags/banners showing Sals as a Bluebird, absolutely cringeworthy.
He never played for the club, okay they were going to spend a lot of money on him, but for all the Cardiff fans knew, he could of been worse than Locadia

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Sad as his disappearance is, I find the outporing of grief and the flags/banners showing Sals as a Bluebird, absolutely cringeworthy.
He never played for the club, okay they were going to spend a lot of money on him, but for all the Cardiff fans knew, he could of been worse than Locadia

Have a word with yourself you cock

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here