Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protection for MP,s

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Going back to the thread title (shock horror!), there is no doubt that anyone, including MPs, should be protected from such vile and intimidating abuse. But what really struck me though was how the Police completely ignored it. I was subjected to a similar level of abuse this summer by so called 'travellers' in front of six Police officers who did nothing. If anyone behaved in this way at a football match they would be arrested, in court, banned from football for life etc. Are the Police at least partly responsible for allowing this breakdown in civility in our society?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Going back to the thread title (shock horror!), there is no doubt that anyone, including MPs, should be protected from such vile and intimidating abuse. But what really struck me though was how the Police completely ignored it. I was subjected to a similar level of abuse this summer by so called 'travellers' in front of six Police officers who did nothing. If anyone behaved in this way at a football match they would be arrested, in court, banned from football for life etc. Are the Police at least partly responsible for allowing this breakdown in civility in our society?

Which goes back to the age old argument that the police ( and the government ) have always treated football fans as second class citizens. I've told the story before but it's one worth re-telling and backs up your point. I was on a ski-ing in Austria and having a drink in the hotel bar. Got chatting to a bloke who happened to be a Met officer. He happily admitted that most officers at football matches were there for the overtime and the opportunity to put the boot in. In his words "after all, who's going to give a toss about a football supporter getting a kicking". I'll accept this might not be the view of all police officers but in my experience it's not far off the truth and no, I've never been in trouble at a match so it's not bitterness.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I agree. Mention a couple of mods in a post and I’m sure they will merge it. It’s a shame that this has happened yet again as the original premise of the thread was interesting and distinct from Brexit. But yet again it’s been derailed and used as a Brexit vehicle for those who are banned from the main thread.

Maybe don't ban people from the main thread, without giving any warning, or for that matter any reasons what so ever.

It's almost as if the Mods are trying to silence anyone who don't agree with them.

I think I know why I was banned. Probably for posting a picture too many times. Pointless posts. But then they could apply that to all the pointless one line pathetic put down answers on that thread.

I would imagine the mod banning the brexiteers from that main thread, is a hard line Remainer.........

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Obviously you don't believe I import. Not going to prove that to you. Why should I, but the bottom line is where we used to import direct, the company whose goods we sell, have now started using their old UK distribution centre again for the goods we need, which takes away the need to import. Contracts were signed in September, UK trade starts this month. Sure they import the stuff we buy from them, and I have no idea of what the taxes will be, and nor do I care, because I don't believe for one second anything will chance on 30th March, whether we have a deal or not. I am sorry if I didn't open out my business plans to you previously, but what the **** as it got to do with you?

Just thought it strange that you didn't mention that you were stopping importing when you posted this with only 9 working days of imports to go a couple of weeks back.

Even if it is no deal, I believe nothing will change on 30th March as far as trading goes. I run a business. I import over a million dollars of goods a year. The low value of sterling has been hard, very hard. But I am very confident my business will still be here this time next year.

That was when you believed that trading wouldn't change on a 'no deal' Brexit, which led me to believe you had no knowledge of import tariffs or WTO defaults and how they would change :shrug:

Contracts were signed in September, UK trade starts this month.

Nope. We no longer import that much now as from 1st January, as we have a UK based supplier for most stock, and whilst I know they will have to pay the import duties, I am not in the slightest bit worried, just as I wasn't about all our planes being grounded on 29th March.

You mean trade started over a week ago, at least try and keep it consistent :facepalm:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Maybe don't ban people from the main thread, without giving any warning, or for that matter any reasons what so ever.

It's almost as if the Mods are trying to silence anyone who don't agree with them.

I think I know why I was banned. Probably for posting a picture too many times. Pointless posts. But then they could apply that to all the pointless one line pathetic put down answers on that thread.

I would imagine the mod banning the brexiteers from that main thread, is a hard line Remainer.........

Maybe don’t be a prick?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Why? There are many who would argue the EU is a failing experiment, and we will thrive outside it. The EU's main concern if we leave, is others will follow us out the door. It's against the EU interest if we leave, but not ours IMO.

It’s not a matter of opinion. We will be worse off outside of the EU.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

Exactly! This was what I was hoping would be the gist of this thread but mostly it just turned into another tiresome Brexit thread.

Good point, well made. The police using their scant and diminishing resources to protect politicians when they never provide the same level of protection to Joe (and Joanne) public.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I know. And so it begins.

What next then? They will complain we are not ready for a no deal, so we won't be able to leave, or we will have to accept the crap deal we have got, either way leaving the country in a weaked state.

I don't really understand what remainers think will happen if Brexit is overturned.

Do they think it will go away, and we will carry on as before?

I worry that is what most people, including a lot on here will think will happen.

I honestly think if Brexit is overturned, then the move to the far right is something that will happen at an alarming rate, and I fear for this country.

I think the far right will become very powerful in this country, and I don't any of us want to see that.

The remainers are a vocal few IMO. If they get what they want, then I think it will change this country for the worse, forever.

I think remainers really need to worry about what they wish for on this issue.

Just for the record: very few people are suggesting that politicians or anyone else in power should overturn Brexit. The notion is that the people should be given to opportunity to do so, should they wish, in the light of accumulated understanding. Any decision would be up to them, no one else.

If the people did decide not to proceed and the men of violence kicked off in the way you say they would and should, the logical butt of their rage should therefore be the people, not the diminutive female politicians some of them currently seem to favour.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

You weren't banned because you offered up a different opinion, posted a meme, or because of a mod's political leanings. You were banned because you were being an abusive so and so. Exactly the same reason I have been banned from threads. Own it and move on. Who knows, you may even be allowed back on if you stop blaming everyone else and calm down a bit on other threads.

Last edited:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Why would I report the Rees Mogg one it was all over the TV and that included attacks verbally against the children. None of you complained about that which in my mind far worse
Yes, people did on NSC, on Twitter and elsewhere. Perhaps your blinkers were obscuring your view.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Just thought it strange that you didn't mention that you were stopping importing when you posted this with only 9 working days of imports to go a couple of weeks back.

That was when you believed that trading wouldn't change on a 'no deal' Brexit, which led me to believe you had no knowledge of import tariffs or WTO defaults and how they would change :shrug:

You mean trade started over a week ago, at least try and keep it consistent :facepalm:

You know you are getting a reputation for ignoring things when you are challenged, by trying to cloud the issue.

You seem to be obsessed with my business. You seem to think everything is huge scale. We brought from aboard and imported ourselves. The manufacturer then saw there was a huge demand for their product in the UK, and is supplying it from the UK directly now. The last import we had that we controlled was in December. We used the UK branch since September, with full use from this month without any importing directly ourselves. Why try and find a hole in it. Yes, I imported a lot. I buy from a manufactor who produces in China and sells from their own distribution centres in the UK now.

I mean for FS why do you need a full run down of what anyone you discuss things do. You really come across as a know cretin, when you you want to do it try and put anyone who disagrees with you down. Just keep going. You are one of the best adverts for Brexit on this forum!

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
You weren't banned because you offered up a different opinion, posted a meme, or because of a mod's political leanings. You were banned because you were being an abusive so and so. Exactly the same reason I have been banned from threads. Own it and move on. Who knows, you may even be allowed back on if you stop blaming everyone else and calm down a bit on other threads.

When was that. When was I abuse.? Are you Mod, do you know this? If you are why do you not warn or inform people when you kick them from a discussion. Maybe is a Mod kicks someone, they could at least have the common decency to say why, because I believe it for replying to Pooks, with a meme repeated over and over again. Either way, pretty sad really.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Just for the record: very few people are suggesting that politicians or anyone else in power should overturn Brexit. The notion is that the people should be given to opportunity to do so, should they wish, in the light of accumulated understanding. Any decision would be up to them, no one else.

If the people did decide not to proceed and the men of violence kicked off in the way you say they would and should, the logical butt of their rage should therefore be the people, not the diminutive female politicians some of them currently seem to favour.

Fair enough, but then would against the original vote. We voted to either remain or leave, and was told there would be no second vote.

Honestly, I am starting to think we should have another vote, if for no other reason to finally shut the Remainers up, because I would be amazed if remain got much more than 25% of the vote in a second ballot.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Maybe don’t be a prick?

Very difficult when you are surrounded by pricks, chipping in with un-witty one word answers.... present company included, as you have just beautifully demonstrated!

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Very difficult when you are surrounded by pricks, chipping in with un-witty one word answers.... present company included, as you have just beautifully demonstrated!

That's a five word answer :shrug: it's also actually a question, not an answer.

What was your business turnover again?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
When was that. When was I abuse.? Are you Mod, do you know this? If you are why do you not warn or inform people when you kick them from a discussion. Maybe is a Mod kicks someone, they could at least have the common decency to say why, because I believe it for replying to Pooks, with a meme repeated over and over again. Either way, pretty sad really.

There’s no getting through to you is there? In the last page and a half you have called posters cretins and pricks. Any clue there at all do you think?

Nope, not a mod so I’ll leave the subject now. Shame you don’t listen to anyone, you could learn a thing or two.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here