Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If people say this enough times, does it automatically become fact?

Even in this very thread it has been explained that this is not the case at all... Leicester offered Knocky a contract, HE turned it down to be closer to his family in France and went to Belgium.

Leicester did not offload him when they got to the PL.
This.

But the myth will keep getting repeated and repeated forever.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Even in this very thread it has been explained that this is not the case at all... Leicester offered Knocky a contract, HE turned it down to be closer to his family in France and went to Belgium.

All true but I seem to remember a comment from him that one of the reasons he wanted to leave Leicester was lack of game time. For whatever reason over the last month or so he appears to have become a squad player, not a first team player. Given that AJ and Jose have been injured during this period it MIGHT be something he’s not happy about. That I can believe, but it is all supposition and rumour. I am a big fan and hope a falling out is not the reason he isn’t being played now.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Naylor questions the tactical explanation in his Argus column this morning.

The strength of the squad this season compared to last is emphasised by those missing, not just Ryan, Jahanbakhsh and Izquierdo but also veteran skipper Bruno and Anthony Knockaert, neither of whom made the 18.
The official explanation was tactical, which was understandable in Bruno's case but not Knockaert's with two wingers out and under-23s prospect Viktor Gyokeres called up to the bench.
Knockaert was on target in the 1-1 home draw against Everton last season. Albion were feeling their way into the Premier League then. Now they have developed into a team that, at the Amex, even Liverpool will be a little wary of.

via https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17326647.albion-analysis-hughtons-team-evolving/

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I like Knocky . Especially at home. Would be sad to see him moved on. He has plenty to offer us although I suspect he wants to be the main man rather than a squad member.

Hope it all gets sorted out

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

via https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17326647.albion-analysis-hughtons-team-evolving/

A tad uncomfortable for me that from Naylor. He obviously knows more and is adding fuel. We all suspect something is amiss especially given Knockaert's reaction at the end of the Arsenal game witnessed by many thousands. Knowing his unfortunate mental health issues lets hope he is in "good" place.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I don't understand this as all I have done is passed on gossip that I heard as some may have heard the same or have a view on the possible plausibility of it , nothing serious or detrimental to anybody and all I have received is abuse.

Incidentally, I head that you lick a d*ck a day.

Don't shoot the messenger, it may or may not be true.

We'll have to wait and see.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Here's a report/interview with AK from 2016
“I am never going to regret the choices I made because I wasn’t playing too much in the Premier League with Leicester and it was time for me to go somewhere else and try something else."
[Knockaert was] A player whose exclusion [from the team] had reduced him to tears in meetings with [Nigel] Pearson ended up rejecting a four-year contract to stay at the King Power Stadium, with Knockaert instead moving to Standard Liège under the Bosman ruling.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...r-league-champinship-leicester-standard-liege

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I don't understand this as all I have done is passed on gossip that I heard as some may have heard the same or have a view on the possible plausibility of it , nothing serious or detrimental to anybody and all I have received is abuse.

If you don't understand what the issue is with "passing on gossip" on the public internet, especially when it concerns one of our players, a guy who has had well documented mental health issues, then maybe you should post a tad less in 2019.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
A tad uncomfortable for me that from Naylor. He obviously knows more and is adding fuel.

I think he's just stating the obvious and repeated by many on here/elsewhere. If tactical and he was fit then then its quite a surprise that CH, notably careful about picking u23s, has picked Gyokeres over him on the bench especially with wingers; Ali J and Izquierdo also out.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
A tad uncomfortable for me that from Naylor. He obviously knows more and is adding fuel. We all suspect something is amiss especially given Knockaert's reaction at the end of the Arsenal game witnessed by many thousands. Knowing his unfortunate mental health issues lets hope he is in "good" place.

But that’s what bothers me a bit too, it’s well documented so why not say he needs a break or say that he is injured? Good on Andy I say

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Poor from Naylor there. Either you come right out with it or leave it. He seems to thrive on snidey insinuation these days.

CH can't win here. 4-3-3 might well need another player who can play wide or striker and that is Gyorkes by all accounts - and there's been much clamouring to see either him or Connelly.

Last edited:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
But that’s what bothers me a bit too, it’s well documented so why not say he needs a break or say that he is injured? Good on Andy I say

I totally disagree - Yes he gets paid to ask such questions but if there is another reason linked to the ''well being'' of AK then it is quite irresponsible for a local journalist. You sort of expect it from the Sun and the National Trash Newspapers the way they hound and report on Gazza's every misdemeanour.

However a local newspaper should report the facts. The Manager says it was tactical and that's what he should be reporting. It's not quite on the proportions of what BG came out with but he is in effect questioning the ''Club Statement''

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
If you don't understand what the issue is with "passing on gossip" on the public internet, especially when it concerns one of our players, a guy who has had well documented mental health issues, then maybe you should post a tad less in 2019.

100% this

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Here's a report/interview with AK from 2016
“I am never going to regret the choices I made because I wasn’t playing too much in the Premier League with Leicester and it was time for me to go somewhere else and try something else."
[Knockaert was] A player whose exclusion [from the team] had reduced him to tears in meetings with [Nigel] Pearson ended up rejecting a four-year contract to stay at the King Power Stadium, with Knockaert instead moving to Standard Liège under the Bosman ruling.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...r-league-champinship-leicester-standard-liege

Potentially ominous and maybe AN does know more than he’s saying

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Poor from Naylor there. Either you come right out with it or leave it. He seems to thrive on snidey insinuation these days.

CH can't win here. 4-3-3 might well need another player who can play wide or striker and that is Gyorkes by all accounts - and there's been much clamouring to see either him or Connelly.

Do we really need a local journalist who should feel gagged by the club? He has insinuated that there is more to the club statement than has been released, don’t have problem with that personally.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Do we really need a local journalist who should feel gagged by the club? He has insinuated that there is more to the club statement than has been released, don’t have problem with that personally.

If the story snowballs and it potentially puts a dent in the young man's recovery, I would have an issue with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here