Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Interesting. chat in the bar

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
It's nerve shredding but I'm actually enjoying how we are playing at the moment - we are playing pragmatically and to our current strengths. Makes complete sense

I agree, but we must take care of the ball better when we do have it. Creativity has largely deserted us lately.

Anyway, in response to the op, is this the Norwich City that then got relegated, promoted and then promptly relegated again and is now still in the championship?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the chap has a point though. results are good but we can keep on hanging on game after game, and its not good for the crowd. we seem to be too slow to start games and to happy to accept the 1-0. 1 shoot on goal at home is not good. thing is with games such as against Man U and West Ham we can do more and should do.

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
I was just reading yesterday's Sun (yes I know!) while waiting at a car wash. Wagner was saying he won't resort to winning ugly and wants to win playing with style (or words to that effect). That went well for them! It's great to want to play with style, but unless you have the resources, it's not conducive to a long stay in the PL. CH's style (in the PL) may not be the best to watch at times, but if it helps us to consolidate as a PL team, I can live with that.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Can’t deny it wasn’t the most entertaining game I’ve ever watched but it’s a result driven business and like it or not it’s working for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes agreed. I think that as long as we are winning gaimes, by and large it doesn't matter too much how the results are obtained, although I do see the frustration when, as several times under the oh so cautious Chris, we get our noses in front early on, only to then spend the rest of the game defending and trying to eke out a one goal win.

Let's face it, despite our heroic defending, if the Wolves attack had been just a little less profligate, we would have been well beaten yesterday.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
the chap has a point though. results are good but we can keep on hanging on game after game, and its not good for the crowd. we seem to be too slow to start games and to happy to accept the 1-0. 1 shoot on goal at home is not good. thing is with games such as against Man U and West Ham we can do more and should do.

We know we can, and do, play more attacking though, whilst still being solid at the back. At home at least. We obviously did in the championship under CH and did fairly regularly at home last season. Hopefully this period is more of a phase (albeit still winning which is great!) - i think people are forgetting that we do have propper and gross out at the moment, as well as Izqueirdo just back from injury and new attacking options still getting used to the Prem.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
For the time being it's all about results and Premier survival. I'm sure that if we can stay up for a few more seasons our game will become more expensive but for now CH is so the right man for the job even though it may not be pleasing on the eye to watch.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You could complain, or could look at recent ‘exciting’ attacking teams such as Fulham & Huddersfield and see how they are getting on

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Some of the home games last year were very attacking - Swansea & West Ham spring to mind but there is a need to change the style when playing better teams. Hughton was far from negative in the championship once he built his team so be very careful of the bitter Norwich myth they always bring up...

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
There’s a shining example of a team building from the front and not worrying about do the dirty nitty gritty stuff and they currently sit in the relegation zone with a rediculous goal difference I think I’m happy with our current style ta very much

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I was just reading yesterday's Sun (yes I know!) while waiting at a car wash. Wagner was saying he won't resort to winning ugly and wants to win playing with style (or words to that effect). That went well for them! It's great to want to play with style, but unless you have the resources, it's not conducive to a long stay in the PL. CH's style (in the PL) may not be the best to watch at times, but if it helps us to consolidate as a PL team, I can live with that.

Hudd are losing, a lot. I’ve watched a couple of their recent games in full. Each goes like this:
1. Pritchard’s the only one with any creativity.
2. The other 9 outfield players run round like headless chickens, playing a very poor man’s high press, then it fails and they lose.
3. Schindler and especially Hogg are dirty snides.

They DO NOT control the ball and there ARE NOT wave after wave of Hudd attacks.

They serve up athletic dross.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Just don't get this we need to get more attacking and/or change the manager.

It certainly worked out well for West Brom and Stoke recently.

Just sit back and enjoy the impressive defensive displays

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You could complain, or could look at recent ‘exciting’ attacking teams such as Fulham & Huddersfield and see how they are getting on

just because one wants to see some more attacking, forward looking football, does not mean asking for indisciplined bomb forward with no care for defense.
perhaps Bournmouth is the better example, get forward and have an organised back line, hows that working for them?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Builder: "So, I've put down the strongest, most reliable possible foundations imaginable. So far they are passing every possible stress test."
Client: "Couldn't you have put the walls in first?"
Builder: "Erm..."

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here