Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Things That Make You Go CRINGE

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Or that really gormless thing where somebody starts an NSC thread titled 'Channel 4 NOW!' As if everybody/anybody logged in at the time is going to frantically switch to that channel. Those not logged in will get the frantic alert hours or days later. Just don't do it.

Like you do you mean? :O

SO, actually, I was going to add ... when intelligent, sane adults become parents and tell you ENDLESSLY about little Jimmy's poo ... from the very first one to potty training

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Use of the word 'Fella' does as well.

How are you with the word 'squire' ?

I must admit to using this with people I am familiar with, both in written and verbal form. I have a vague sense of it making me sound worldly, but I'm wondering now whether it just makes me sound like a catastrophic bell.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
People who insist they know the perfect technique for cooking a steak and any other way is unacceptable. Same applies to fry-ups.
Men who leave all the cooking to the wife nearly every day but pull out one signature dish for a dinner party and talk as if they are just picked up their 3rd Michelin star.
People who wear idiocy like a medal “oooh, what am I like”!
This new trend for playing music out of a speaker on a pushbike.
People who bang on about immigration ruining inner city areas when they moved to the leafy Sussex suburbs years ago.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
‘Can I get an espresso please’

No you fecking can’t.....that’s why the person in front of you is employed........they will get it.

SHUT UP.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just dont get all the vitriol about this bloke ?

Indeed. Missus T loaths him, but I find him quite amusing and not the least bit irritating:shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
People who insist they know the perfect technique for cooking a steak and any other way is unacceptable. Same applies to fry-ups.
Men who leave all the cooking to the wife nearly every day but pull out one signature dish for a dinner party and talk as if they are just picked up their 3rd Michelin star.
People who wear idiocy like a medal “oooh, what am I like”!
This new trend for playing music out of a speaker on a pushbike.
People who bang on about immigration ruining inner city areas when they moved to the leafy Sussex suburbs years ago.

I like your new emoji. Top work :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
'How's that team of yours doing?' said heartily like they really want to know. A small part of me, meanwhile, dies.

The time my dad went up the Mill House pub where he had never before set foot because he'd got wind of the fact I was having a first date with a new young lady (I was 17 at the time), ambled in all innocent, bought us a drink, and then plonked himself down for a chat. I am shaking my head now, in disbelief, just thinking about it.

Nigel Farrage, especially when he does his matey schtick just before launching into a fact that he twists into the basis of a speculative lie, while smirking at his own cleverness (or is it the delicious smug feel of his mink underpants fluffing his shaven bollocks?).

Gordon Brown, when he did that 'I see a camera so I'd better smile and lose an election' thing.

Thinking about any posts by one particular nobber on NSC I have long since blocked. Ugh!

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Just opened a bottle of St Peters plum porter, that's just made me cringe . Bloody vile :sick:

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I think you've gone from cringe to ANGRY. Why does it bother you so that when I 'kerb' my alloys, I really don't give a crap?

Nope, not angry. Do what you like! It's a free world. Take your alloys off and drive a tank over them for all I care. People who do that just make me cringe, as per the thread title...

Why people think it's okay to trash their possessions with no thought or care is beyond me though. I assume they buy a nice new pair of jeans and crawl to the pub on their hands and knees in them, or polish their new oak dining table with Jif and 80 grit sandpaper? It's just a lack of respect for something they work hard for which makes me (and I say again, as per the thread title) cringe...

We're all different.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
people who use t'internet

Do you mean people who use the internet, or northerners talking about it, or southerners playfully mimicking northrners talking about it for low comedic effect?

'Appen my money is on the third option :lolol:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
People begging for charity money for doing outdoor pursuits.
Every everyday but if bad luck being turned into a just giving campaign. Virtue signalling at it’s cringiest.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here