Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Keep panicking! Luckily for you, though, if not for the majority (although not a minority in this little NSC world, granted) because the shysters in Parliament seem to have avoided - for the time being at least - doing what they are required to do through the result of a democratic referendum they voted for (in the fatuous belief they'd walk it - which just shows you how in touch they aren't) so perhaps your world isn't going to end just yet.

And for pete's sake stop this f*ck*ng remainer idiocy of screaming out, "You, as a voter, have to give me details of exactly what the future will be if we leave, and take responsibility for the future". Did you ask people who voted in Thatcher/Blair to give detailed reports on what would be done, how it would work (maybe with costings too?) It's pathetic. Many - many, many, many - people (millions in fact) disagree with you. Get over it!

Oh, and by the way, just in case the country does leave with No Deal in 17 days time, this country would not die on its arse. :facepalm:
It is far better, and too strong, for that. Shame some people don't realise that - we are living in a wonderful, resilient country.

I really don't give a f*ck about the politics of this any more. Just tell me in plain English how Brexit is going to work so that your side might just start winning people over for a reason other than the pathetic "I'm so bored with Brexit let's leave before I lose the will to live".

Don't tell me about resilience, or wave your flag, just tell me how people will manage to keep their jobs, homes, how enough tax is going to be raised as is needed to run the country, where the people will come from to do the jobs in hospitals, care homes, vegetable fields and building sites, how the Northern Ireland and Calais borders are going to work, how the M20 is going to work - that kind of thing.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Apparently so ...

The BBC's Europe Editor Katya Adler says that the view in Brussels is that a no-deal Brexit is now even more likely.

It is a "hardening mood," she says.

She adds that the EU does not want the UK to leave without a deal, but it is not prepared to give further concessions.

"With only 17 days left to 29 March, today's vote has significantly increased the likelihood of a 'no-deal' Brexit. We will continue our no-deal preparations and ensure that we will be ready if such a scenario arises. - Donald Tusk

Oh, bring it on! Let's have an end to all this pernicious uncertainty inflicted upon us by the outraged so-called political elite in the Westminster bubble and get on with forging a new future for the UK in the 21st, century.

Brexit (deal or no deal) isn't the threat, or the problem. It's the continuous uncertainty of MPs trying to welsh on the referendum that's causing the uncertainty.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Voted LEAVE the first time, would vote LEAVE the 2nd time.

Literally nothing has happened in the last couple of years that has made me even think about changing my vote - in fact the antics of the EU have reinforced my view.

You would seriously support a no deal Brexit?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I really don't give a f*ck about the politics of this any more. Just tell me in plain English how Brexit is going to work so that your side might just start winning people over for a reason other than the pathetic "I'm so bored with Brexit let's leave before I lose the will to live".

Don't tell me about resilience, or wave your flag, just tell me how people will manage to keep their jobs, homes, how enough tax is going to be raised as is needed to run the country, where the people will come from to do the jobs in hospitals, care homes, vegetable fields and building sites, how the Northern Ireland and Calais borders are going to work, how the M20 is going to work - that kind of thing.

This.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm happy to be bullied into going against a democratic referendum by Eurocrats and self serving MPs out to sabotage a people vote.

So you wouldn't support a no deal Brexit, then? Or are you singing descant? ???

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yes, I voted leave, but I'd vote remain. I still want to leave, I don't like the EU, but I have underestimated our government's ability to **** it up.

I also voted leave but what you say makes sense. However, it should come as no surprise that a House of Commons which is dominated by politicians who want to remain, has done all it can to make the process so awkward and difficult, that people will either give up or become tired of it so that staying seems to offer a welcome relief.

That's seriously messed up.

However, although I firmly disagree with Umunna's stance on Brexit, I heartily agree when he stated that people just want Parliament to make a choice.

I am sick to death if it and wish none of it had ever happened. It is hard to see how any of this can end well.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Forgive me for my lack of knowledge but when is the next vote and what will it be on? Whether we will leave with a no deal?

A vote on whether we should leave with No Deal, which will hopefully be rejected.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You could say exactly the same for a general election, the public don’t really know what they are voting for there either!

But if the ****ers have been lying, you get another vote in a few years and you can change everything.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I also voted leave but what you say makes sense. However, it should come as no surprise that a House of Commons which is dominated by politicians who want to remain, has done all it can to make the process so awkward and difficult, that people will either give up or become tired of it so that staying seems to offer a welcome relief.
Indeed it is no surprise, and yes, it's messed up.

However, although I firmly disagree with Umunna's stance on Brexit, I heartily agree when he stated that people just want Parliament to make a choice.
Partly I'm thinking they can't (May keeps asking them the same ****ing thing!), but it is also the responsibility of all MPs to at least try and come up with an alternative.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

He won't, but he can do a "you lost, millions of people disagree with you, get over it" with the best of them. That sort of head-in-the-sand lunacy is what you should expect in lieu of coherent argument. And in fairness, we all know that the Brexit people haven't got a solution to the Irish border, never mind this nonsensical need to make ourselves less competitive.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Forgive me for my lack of knowledge but when is the next vote and what will it be on? Whether we will leave with a no deal?
It's about whether Parliament *wants* to leave with *no deal* or not.

They can reject it and say that they really, really don't want *no deal*, but that doesn't actually stop it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Voted leave. The way this has been handled by the Eurocrats has deepened my view further.

It's really funny but 26 other countries can agree, but the UK cannot get agreement amongst themselves and yet Europe gets the blame.

It really is laughable.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

That's seriously messed up.

I am sick to death if it and wish none of it had ever happened. It is hard to see how any of this can end well.

That's the trouble. The idea of an in out referendum with a majority to decide is so wrong....how can parliament act on that - nobody knows what 'leave' means! Hard Brexit is as valid as soft in this context, and as there is no party policy all mps are faffing. They have NO INSTRUCTION FROM THE PEOPLE. You can't achieve a Brexit when people don't agree what it is.

So we have to remain. Anything else would be absurd.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I was a very marginal remainer and could quite easily have voted leave.

Since the referendum I've definitely swung behind the leave option. So I guess you could say I've changed my mind...albeit marginally.

I'm curious to know why, given that our government couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
I wouldn't bother voting. The whole debacle has been lies and counter lies by both sides.

Politicians on all sides are not worth my spit TBH and I am sick of the whole thing.

Never have we been so divided as a nation - The pig f*cker should be rotting in the tower of London

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here