Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Looking Forward To Next Season?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not remotely shocked, but a little bit saddened. Chris did a magnificent job for about 4 years. If he ever comes back to the Amex I’ll be standing and cheering him. But we move on, and under Chris we weren’t, he’d become almost paralysed tactically.

Really looking forward to next season now. Expecting some drubbings along the way but very forward-looking appointment by TB. Appears to be following the England philosophy. Exciting times.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I totally agree, last season was shit

I am hoping he goes in and upsets a few, who think they deserve a place in the side and also let the Championship standard players go elsewhere.

Potter is a Sports Psychologist isn't he? If he isn't then he uses psychology. I don't think he'll be upsetting anybody. He may well let a few go and to be fair we do need to upgrade in a few key areas.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not remotely shocked, but a little bit saddened. Chris did a magnificent job for about 4 years. If he ever comes back to the Amex I’ll be standing and cheering him. But we move on, and under Chris we weren’t, he’d become almost paralysed tactically.

Really looking forward to next season now. Expecting some drubbings along the way but very forward-looking appointment by TB. Appears to be following the England philosophy. Exciting times.

Yep, more or less all of this except I was a bit shocked. Good post.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Ditto.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Investing in further PL seasons, with targeted new first team players. TB now has the expertise of Ashworth to assist.

I’m excited about this, plus different tactics from a new coach.
New players who will bring the squad's average age down will be good. Nothing against the likes of Bruno and Murray obviously but we do need some younger players in the squad. And yes, I know Bruno has retired!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Potter is a Sports Psychologist isn't he? If he isn't then he uses psychology. I don't think he'll be upsetting anybody. He may well let a few go and to be fair we do need to upgrade in a few key areas.

He’s got a Masters in Leadership and Emotional Intelligence........

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
He’s got a Masters in Leadership and Emotional Intelligence........
Thanks, couldn't be arsed to go back and check [emoji38]

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
If we dont get two new strikers, new CM, a pacey winger, and a new RB we are as good as down in my opinion. I'm certain the club know this too and fully expect Tony to invest to protect our Prem status.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Until a few days ago, I was looking forward to the new season in the same way - but under Hughton! - with the addition of two or three really good players who would improve the quality of the team, of course, enabling us to be less backs-to-the-wall defending. Oh well, the king is dead; long live the king!

Yes, shocked and saddened. Exactly how many of us felt - nobody thought TB would sack him, and anybody who wasn't saddened to see a wonderful manager for our club go would be in quite a small minority.

3 wins in 23 I think tells it's own story ?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Yes.

I firmly believe that our players, individually and collectively, are better than the way they were instructed to play last season.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Now we have a chance... thank you Tony...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Until a few days ago, I was looking forward to the new season in the same way - but under Hughton! - with the addition of two or three really good players who would improve the quality of the team, of course, enabling us to be less backs-to-the-wall defending. Oh well, the king is dead; long live the king!
Yes, shocked and saddened. Exactly how many of us felt - nobody thought TB would sack him, and anybody who wasn't saddened to see a wonderful manager for our club go would be in quite a small minority.

This was always going to happen, nailed on with the Bournemouth result and you could just see by TB's body language as well.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This was always going to happen, nailed on with the Bournemouth result and you could just see by TB's body language as well.

Except that Hughton outers , here on NSC, consistently said, 'But TB won't fire him'. I'm not going to trawl back trough umpteen threads to prove it, but you can't change history with the benefit of hindsight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here