Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gus Poyet to Swansea City is the word, how good is he?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I do hope, when the time comes, we collectively have enough class to not do a hatchet job (do a Norwich fans) on Mr Hughton.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Great manager, very charismatic, had us playing some great football and started us on the journey we are on now. Whatever happened between him and the club cannot cloud what he achieved for us.

However, his ego his huge and he won't consider Swansea big enough for his massive managerial talent and he'll flirt with every big club that has a vacancy along the way. Unfortunately his actual managerial talent is not as massive as his ego tells him it is so it's always going to fail as he never content to see what he can achieve where he is.

All bang on, IMO.

He’s much better on the coaching and set up, side of football management, than the human player management part. But he’d have them playing brilliant football, before his ego sabotages his own achievements, once again

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
All bang on, IMO.

He’s much better on the coaching and set up, side of football management, than the human player management part. But he’d have them playing brilliant football, before his ego sabotages his own achievements, once again

Yep this. Poyet will bring lovely football followed by an enormous tantrum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I do hope, when the time comes, we collectively have enough class to not do a hatchet job (do a Norwich fans) on Mr Hughton.

This thread suggests we all know that Poyet has strengths. Those classless Norwich fans don’t have a good word to say about CH

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
You’ll never lose if you go 1 up, and you’ll mostly win in these cases. Don’t ever expect anything more than a point if you go a goal down at any stage of the game though!

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
He likes to manage the biggest clubs. Seeing as Swansea is the biggest club in that country, he'll do well..............until...............

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
He was excellent for us but it all went a bit tits up at the end when he and the chairman fell out. MASSIVE AMBITION AND EGO.

Won't be boring.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
I loved his time with us, however his ego got the better of him.
We were the right club at the right time for him but he got too big for his boots.
Since leaving us he has either got sacked or fallen out with the club's owners.
Saying that , he is out of work and might've mellowed slightly.
Good luck.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Avoid.

Unless you can stomach ever increasing demands for a higher player budget, played out via monologues to your local newspaper. He’s fallen out with quite a few owners:

2D5BB6F5-B580-4466-A083-532252B0C014.png

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I can't see it happening anyway.

Swansea City are building with an in-house policy of bringing youngsters through. Limited budget. Poyet isn't a good fit.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Great manager for us. I enjoyed our era with him

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The nature if his acrimonious exit from BHA has coloured a lot of views, and led to an awful lot of rewriting of history from some fans here.

IMO he is a BRILLIANT manager, who pulled this club up by its bootstraps at a time when we were a joke. We won L1 with such style and panache, without throwing money at it. Some of my greatest memories in 30-odd years of being a BHA fan was courtesy of Gus. I left the game at Charlton with an erection.

He's a maverick walking rollercoaster who shoots from the lip, but I think he'd be an excellent appointment for Swansea.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
All is well when all is well......the first game at the Amex under him was a 2-1 comeback win against Burnley. After that, if we went behind, we never won.

Psychologically flawed. Avoid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here