Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Is darts actually a sport ?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
There IS physical exercise in darts. You have to walk up to the board, pull your darts out, walk back to the line and throw them again. You have to keep on doing this through the whole match! Darts players must have to walk, oooh, I dunno, dozens of yards.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It's amazing how many times Not the Nine O'Clock News sketches can be reeled out to fit something. And quite amazing how many of them stick in our minds for so long. Sign of top comedy.

Indeed. I regularly post NTNOCN sketches (especially the "gram-o-phone" one) and the show finished before I was even born!

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
"Fancy a game of football?" Or "Fancy a sport of football?" hmmmm ... not that I think darts is a sport.

You're quite right. I always wondered why people looked at me funny when I said "anyone fancy a sport, whilst twizzling an Adidas Tango on my pointy finger.." :lolol:

Anyway - why don't we all agree that if it's a sport, it requires a level of fitness in order to compete. If it's a game, it can be sedentary. ?

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Why has no one ever marketed a full sized air snooker table with air hockey puck style ‘balls’ bigger pockets and snub-nosed cues? Surely a winner....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here