[TV] Chernobyl - TV series

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Incredible!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Rubbish....They haven’t even mentioned that Chernobyl is twinned with Bognor.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Very good so far, captures well the cover-up/bury heads in the sand approach of the Soviet machine. Similar happened with Kursk a few years later.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Rubbish....They haven’t even mentioned that Chernobyl is twinned with Bognor.

Somewhat reluctantly on Chernobyl's side.

To those that have visited, dod you do an organised thing or just head to Kiev and wing it ?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Some of the Chernobyl children came to our pub in Wales whilst they were on a UK trip. They enjoyed their crisps and bottles of Coke.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Somewhat reluctantly on Chernobyl's side.

To those that have visited, dod you do an organised thing or just head to Kiev and wing it ?

Our trip to Chernobyl was booked in advance on: www.chernobyl-tours.com

Obviously our flights and hotel were organised separately but, the Chernobyl trip had a pick-up from outside the Ibis by the train station so we actually booked ourselves into that hotel...This made things a lot easier as it was a 7:45am departure to the Exclusion Zone.

The same company also do other tours one of which is a trip to an old Cold War Nuclear Missile Base, which we did the following day. I found that as interesting as Chernobyl a definitely worth a look as you get to sit at the actual terminals and press the button that would have launched a nuclear missile. The only downside is that it was about a 3 and half hour drive from Kiev and the roads are appalling.

It is all well worth a visit and Kiev is a nice city to boot.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Just watched the 3rd episode. :sick::sick::sick:

Yeah - the effects of radiation on the body were horrific for those poor survivors, why didn't they just give them an injection to put them out of their misery - there was no way they would recover.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Just caught up with it. Very good. Amazed they didn't just give the dying people an injection, they must have known they wouldn't survive. Especially after the first few.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Really enjoying it in a 'Didn't quite appreciate how scary it was at the time' kind of way !

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Just caught up with it. Very good. Amazed they didn't just give the dying people an injection, they must have known they wouldn't survive. Especially after the first few.

It was discussed in the midnight walk on how painful the death would be from the high exposure to radiation. An induced death would seem to be the humane way to go.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Propaganda film for the solar power and wind farm snowflakes.

We need to open up the coal mines in Sussex again and put this county back to work.

...and stick a nuclear power station in at Waterhall.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
....AND ....without absurd levels of radiation we wouldn't have the Hulk or Spiderman.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Started watching this last night - I needed something to get into after GoT ended. I have to say it is very well done. I remember being at primary school when it happened but I didn’t realise how much worse it could have been. Truly terrifying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here