Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter joins on four-year deal

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
We've not even got to that point yet. Until we get permission from Swansea, we can't even hold the discussions about the fine detail.

Potter's biggest fear must be that we could take him and he could be gone by November leaving him out of work and a severely damaged reputation. It is probably as big a risk for him as it is for us. I don't think it's a foregone conclusion he'll take it in all honesty.

Whether it is just the media, feels like it's been set up like he's our no.1 target, and if we fail to land him, everyone is going to be a 2nd choice. Not sure why we haven't refuted that we have a no.1 target at all, and that we're casting the net far and wide to identify the best candidates.

I dream of being sacked in November with £X million in the pocket...sigh...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Some of the speculation on this thread is amazing. People have absolutely no idea what is going on so start to invent stranger and stranger scenarios in their own head, and then get annoyed by said made up scenario. Completely bizarre.

Everyone needs to relax, the season has been over less than a week, all the players are away on holiday, there is no rush. We’ll get our man, if it’s not Potter it will be somebody else.

What if coming up with strange scenarios is a good form of relaxation for someone?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I wonder if TB will sacrifice Winstanley if Potter insists on bringing his head of recruitment from Swansea, as has been suggested? And how will that affect Ashworth?

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
I wonder if TB will sacrifice Winstanley if Potter insists on bringing his head of recruitment from Swansea, as has been suggested? And how will that affect Ashworth?

I would imagine Swansea head of recruitments phone would be covered in cobwebs so he might want a job where he does something!

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I don’t think we’re haggling on price, I think we’re waiting on how those talks go. If he gets the assurances he wants then he’ll stay, if not then he’ll come here.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

What are the chances, for the first time in history, the sticking point is over the goalkeeping coaqch. :lol:

https://www.swanseacity.com/teams/first-team-staff

KYLE MACAULAY - HEAD OF RECRUITMENT
Kyle Macaulay moved to the Swans after joining manager Graham Potter at he Liberty.

Following a hugely successful time working under Potter at Ostersund, Macaulay initially arrived as a recruitment analyst before a re-structuring saw him named head of recruitment.

While Potter will have the final say on whether players are recruited or not, it will be Macaulay who is charged with heading up the day-to-day recruitment process.

It will see the former Aberdeen midfielder identify key targets and provide recommendations for the Swans boss to help strengthen his options.

Macaulay’s ability to spot a player with potential saw Ostersund reap the rewards with the likes of Ken Sema – now at Watford in the Premier League – and Saman Ghoddos excel for the Swedish club after being picked up from the lower leagues.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Sounds like his heart isn't really in joining us.

Best focus on another target.

Don't think it's that, he just working out what's best for him. All the allure of Premier League riches is probably offset by the fact that he'll have to move his family again, so he probably wants to see if there'd be any footballing justification in him staying around. If Swansea just plan on selling all their best players and not reinvesting the funds, he'll come down here

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don’t think we’re haggling on price, I think we’re waiting on how those talks go. If he gets the assurances he wants then he’ll stay, if not then he’ll come here.

Making us second choice to Championship Swansea, how inspiring would that be? :smile:

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
KYLE MACAULAY - HEAD OF RECRUITMENT
Kyle Macaulay moved to the Swans after joining manager Graham Potter at he Liberty.

Following a hugely successful time working under Potter at Ostersund, Macaulay initially arrived as a recruitment analyst before a re-structuring saw him named head of recruitment.

While Potter will have the final say on whether players are recruited or not, it will be Macaulay who is charged with heading up the day-to-day recruitment process.

It will see the former Aberdeen midfielder identify key targets and provide recommendations for the Swans boss to help strengthen his options.

Macaulay’s ability to spot a player with potential saw Ostersund reap the rewards with the likes of Ken Sema – now at Watford in the Premier League – and Saman Ghoddos excel for the Swedish club after being picked up from the lower leagues.

https://www.swanseacity.com/teams/first-team-staff

What's this guy likely to demand in salary? £100k a year? Not likely to be a deal breaker if we bring him into our recruitment team.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

I thought it has already been stated Ashworth is going to head up recruitment with Winstanley reporting to him. We seem to be getting a bit too heavy in the boss department, don't forget we brought in David Wier just to manage all the players out on loan recently This lot must be costing a fortune

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Don't think it's that, he just working out what's best for him. All the allure of Premier League riches is probably offset by the fact that he'll have to move his family again, so he probably wants to see if there'd be any footballing justification in him staying around. If Swansea just plan on selling all their best players and not reinvesting the funds, he'll come down here

So he's a bit luke warm about a move, and would rather get a few assurances at Swansea.

There must be people on the short list who are a little bit keener ?

These few days are normally just formalities. Media and Press make some stuff up to fill in on what they don't know while Potter talks things over with wife and family and gets their approval

It's just not Potter that needs to talk it over with his family. Sounds like a few other people are involved and all will need to decide if they want to leave Swansea or not.

OK if Potter says no then the whole thing is a non starter but if he wants to come then he will no doubt be talking things over with the others.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So he's a bit luke warm about a move, and would rather get a few assurances at Swansea.

There must be people on the short list who are a little bit keener ?

More speculation.....until Swansea agree, we can’t even talk to him (officially). Now they know we want him, they’re doing their best to convince him to stay.

My guess :

At some point in the next day or two he might insist Swansea give him permission to talk to us, citing that he ‘hasn’t received the assurances he needs about future investment in the playing squad’ or something. They tell us there is a release clause of £xm, Tony says ‘whatever’ and he comes to Sussex for a chat.

24 hours later he’s being photographed with Tony at Lancing saying it’s his dream move, always liked the club, excited by the opportunity etc etc

20 minutes later he’s dismissed on here as ‘shite’.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Any idea where he grew up himself?

Extended family impact

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here