Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion - The Big Picture

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I would have like Mutual Consent and more recognition for our greatest manager. Yes your right its brutal (and expensive - not my money).

We don't know though that 'mutual consent' wasn't offered and Hughton turned it down. CH & TB being the dignified men they are wouldn't reveal such details publicly. As for recognition, there was plenty in TB's statement, any more would have looked disingenuous considering he'd just sacked him. Let's not forget that, yes CH is a great manager and top bloke, but he's also a very lucky one to work in industry that is incredibly well paid and where he will have walked away an even richer man than he already was.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Not all do, sadly. I shouldn't have had to post this at all, but even on here people only take little segments and don't see them as part of the whole.

Perhaps the people you are talking about, are new to supporting the club, and are not totally clued up on the history.
No offence to anyone :)

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The Amex is a splendid stadium when looking at the history of the club. However, it is one of the smaller ones compared to the premier league in general. Not trying to sound ungrateful though, just saying it might be a slight obstacle for world domination.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
The Amex is a splendid stadium when looking at the history of the club. However, it is one of the smaller ones compared to the premier league in general. Not trying to sound ungrateful though, just saying it might be a slight obstacle for world domination.

It's as big as it is allowed to be. Can't ask for more than that.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Perhaps the people you are talking about, are new to supporting the club, and are not totally clued up on the history.
No offence to anyone :)

I wish that were true. The point of my post wasn't to suggest that people don't know these things. I wrote it because too many people have the pieces but don't put the puzzle together.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore

Plenty large enough for a club cementing its place in the PL and eventually challenging for a Europa League place now and again though, which I suspect is where TB's ambition lies rather than world domination.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I've felt that all the media shock at us sacking Hughton almost boils down to "they're just Brighton, how can they expect better than 17th place". As the OP points out there is a lot going on behind the scenes that is about progressing the club to something more than just avoiding relegation. I would also add that our transfer spend since promotion is not insignificant.

This

Very much who do we think we are making bold decisions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Let’s not forget imho one of the best CEO’s in football not mention poaching the FA’s TD, if Bloom thinks sacking Hughton is the right thing to do the good enough for me!
What? We got a new CEO?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
A load of idiots just think he’s made a massive mistake. The we just want to survive crowd must know eventually you go down playing that game. Thank god TB is progressively moving on.
Unfortunately too many of our fans seem unable to think beyond small team forever punching above our weight mentality.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I wish that were true. The point of my post wasn't to suggest that people don't know these things. I wrote it because too many people have the pieces but don't put the puzzle together.

Perhaps I was being a tad harsh.
There is no ignorance for not knowing, all you have to do is ask or Google 'it'.
There was a gap in my Albion fan career, which I missed out on, obviously not being totally oblivious to what was going on, I caught up with stuff, by reading NSC etc ......

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
d84f4beb615a070d8488c0ee70ae9de6.jpg

Graham Potter is already on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h77aVgydt8c

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
I would have like Mutual Consent and more recognition for our greatest manager. Yes your right its brutal (and expensive - not my money).

has it occurred to you that maybe CH declined mutual consent - maybe he just thought 'f*ck you - you can bloody sack me and look like a c**t'? cos thats what i would have done in his shoes.

i am teambloom btw.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

For the first time, I’m beginning to wonder if that IS his mission, not just a wet dream that any fan would have. He’s far too smart to declare it as a goal, but it is possible that’s what he wants. Blimey.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
All owners have ambition. Whether thet have the resources and know-how (and luck) is more the issue.

We will only know if the replacement for Hughton is a good gamble when the results start.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011

has it occurred to you that maybe CH declined mutual consent - maybe he just thought 'f*ck you - you can bloody sack me and look like a c**t'? cos thats what i would have done in his shoes.

i am teambloom btw.

These were my thoughts. After the dust settled I just keep thinking poor Chris. The funeral, the keys to the city or whatever and the fact he clearly didn’t see it coming! I haven’t checked but was he here when the Shoreham air disaster happened? The bloke is an absolute legend BUT the time was right in my opinion. Thank you Chris.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

i am teambloom btw.

Exactly. Look at the way we parted with Hyypia and Garcia. I'm sure TB would ideally liked to have parted on the 'mutual consent' basis but if CH didn't play ball, either because he felt he could still do a job or he is aware of legal ramifications of being sacked and just leaving. Lot might have depended on how much Bloom was offering CH to walk bearing in mind he had two years on his contract.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Exactly. Look at the way we parted with Hyypia and Garcia. I'm sure TB would ideally liked to have parted on the 'mutual consent' basis but if CH didn't play ball, either because he felt he could still do a job or he is aware of legal ramifications of being sacked and just leaving. Lot might have depended on how much Bloom was offering CH to walk bearing in mind he had two years on his contract.

.......or he knew that by making TB fire him he’d get all the sympathy and none of the blame.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here