Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter joins on four-year deal

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Maybe not the right thread ,but the guy I've been most impressed with is Chris Wilder at Sheff Utd . Doesn't seem to have been mentioned in future Brighton Managers

Chris Wilder has an amazing CV with progression with each club he has managed
At this moment in time rightly wouldn't get a mention being associated with the Brighton job with his ties to his current club
But a bloody good manager nevertheless

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Been mentioned loads but he’s a Sheffield lad and it’s his boyhood team he’s just taken to the Premier League - do you really think he’d leave that for us???

Has he , must have missed it . Don't spend all day on NSC , have other things to do . Probably not but still a bloody good manager

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
i know, but that is not an option now.
who is the experienced, more attack minded coach, that would work for us?

I don’t know. But the answer isn’t Potter. My point being if as a club you have decided to get rid of a manager because of poor results and the concern that if repeated next season it could mean relegation. Then surely you would want your next manager to have a bit more experience then Potter. Chris took over the club when it looked like we could go down and turned our fortunes around and achieved promotion to this league. He has also managed to keep us in this league for 2 seasons. What has Potter achieved?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I know, outside of a Wenger type appointment I remain convinced we’re going down and fast... then left trying to come back up without the manager with the best credentials to do so.

I’m literally at a loss as to the wisdom of removing CH with no clear forward plan... I rather suspect this summer is going to be an utter shambles.

It was in the Argus earlier today, that Bloom nearly sacked Hughton after the Cardiff game, so I would imagine he has been making plans since then, if not before.
This thread was started by dwayne before Chris was sacked, and someone has posted it is a done deal.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Argus revelation about TB is interesting because on the thread about when the decision was taken I suggested that the Southampton game raised the concern and the decision was taken after Bournemouth and finalised after Cardiff result It seems I wasnt far out.

Last edited:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
It was in the Argus earlier today, that Bloom nearly sacked Hughton after the Cardiff game, so I would imagine he has been making plans since then, if not before.
This thread was started by dwayne before Chris was sacked, and someone has posted it is a done deal.

Okay, you may be right, but let’s just imagine, for whatever reason, we can’t get this one (the seemingly accepted plan a) over the line. Who or what is a (decent mind you) plan b?

Does TB even have one?

Potter worries me, but if this falls through BOY i’d be worried then.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I don’t know. But the answer isn’t Potter. My point being if as a club you have decided to get rid of a manager because of poor results and the concern that if repeated next season it could mean relegation. Then surely you would want your next manager to have a bit more experience then Potter. Chris took over the club when it looked like we could go down and turned our fortunes around and achieved promotion to this league. He has also managed to keep us in this league for 2 seasons. What has Potter achieved?

what had potch achieved before saints took an informed risk?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here